Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Tuicemen's Off grid setup!  (Read 112962 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Tuicemen's Off grid setup!
« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2018, 08:20:32 AM »

the X10 Security modules will be listed in the X10 devices not as X10 RF they will be mixed in with the other house codes.
if you configured AHP not to handle all house codes( only specific ones that may also be the issue.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2018, 08:28:02 AM »

so frustrating!  I stopped HG service, moved my cm15 usb to another usb input, and got AHP active again.  I updated the config to AUTO on transceived codes (it shows the 5-6 house codes I use checked now) and updated unit.  Now I can't get HG to talk again to try it.  sheesh...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2018, 08:54:44 AM »

You should set the House codes to specific and select all the auto option is not stable.
Running AHP and HG from the same PC will cause Issues as you have discovered.
They use different USB drivers for the CM15 so you can't easily move from one program to the other.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2018, 09:49:45 AM »

I now appear to have one USB input configed for AHP, another for HG...

my test ds10 showed up!  crap.  so I have TWO possible changes...  1) turning on transceived house codes, and 2) rebooting computer after turning on x10 virtual rf program...  so now I have to go back and turn off x10 transceived to see if THAT is what fixed it - I assume so since I restarted the HG service
 after turning on the rf virtual program before with no fix...

Question:  how do you have the security thing programmed?  Mine never changes state from OPEN to CLOSE - and I can see sorta why in the program of it - it seems the rf virtual program either assigns it OPEN or assigns it CLOSED but not both?

mike

« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2018, 10:08:02 AM »

Why is there no documentation???   Gosh!! 

So I found there is ANOTHER different security code in the module list!  it is for CLOSED.  So the way it works is there is a rf code for OPEN in the list and there is an rf code for CLOSED in the list.  It must be upto me to combine them into one thing on the page? 

mike

« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2018, 10:14:07 AM »

someone needs to document all this into one document...

I now know you can switch between AHP and HG on the fly at will - just assign different USB ports to each.  Plug cm15 into AHP driver USB port, get AHP, plug cm15 into HG driver port, get HG.  Switch back and forth at will as often as you wish and both work - one or the other.

Takes computer about 4 seconds to switch drives when you swap cable.

mike

« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2018, 10:19:56 AM »

I plan to copy and paste each tidbit I learn and post here into a doc so others do not have to spend these 10's of hours experimenting!

I just VERIFIED that cm15 does NOT require transceived codes turned on!  I now added a garage door  - both a code for open and a separate code for closed - both with the transceived set to NONE. 

So my issue before was I needed some kind of reset I do not know how to do for HG when activating x10 virtual rf program.  stopping and restarting HG server did not do it.  closing the browser window did not do it.  Only a computer reboot made turning x10 virtual rf program active!

mike

« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2018, 10:26:50 AM »

Why is there no documentation???   Gosh!! 

So I found there is ANOTHER different security code in the module list!  it is for CLOSED.  So the way it works is there is a rf code for OPEN in the list and there is an rf code for CLOSED in the list.  It must be upto me to combine them into one thing on the page?

So while I was playing more of the ds10s in my system that I tested got registered;  so i did not have the right one identified and thus they did not show open and close.  I put all 8 into a test group and now see my test ds10 DOES show open and then closed!  Wow - you gotta LABEL these things immediately or get too confused!

mike

« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2018, 10:46:59 AM »

Tuicemen,

You said your keyfobs will arm/disarm the HG alarm system...  I have rf codes identified, and HG calls them "S-remote Key ARM"  and disarm.  But I cannot figure out how to assign these to the alarm arm/disarm.  How did you do that?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: June 10, 2018, 11:24:00 AM »

You have to make a macro if I remember right. I'll  double check my setup this evening. I don't think I made a program but if I did I'll post it.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2018, 12:13:42 PM »

there is a code named HomeGenie.SecurityTriggerSource

I assume this should point to the arm/disarm device...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: June 10, 2018, 01:54:15 PM »

That may do it. I never used that looks like I created two macros one or arm one for disarm.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2018, 03:16:31 PM »

That may do it. I never used that looks like I created two macros one or arm one for disarm.

Thanks.  I just bought my $30 new broadlink RM pro on eBay.  to be here by 6/16.  I understand that is the last hardware I need to have  to make HG send arm/disarm to X10 console.   

thanks.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2018, 07:02:56 AM »

If you mean someone should document this for HG, then that is (or was) a common request.  The program is overall very good, but as of a few years ago, there was NO documentation.  Gene (the author) stopped working on the code for several months and put together a lot of documentation on basically everything.  That doesn't mean more would be a bad thing of course.  And as you found, there was a user who documented setting up his X10 setup and posted it on the forum.  He wanted that to be a living document which would get updated though I doubt that will happen with the demise of the old forum.  I suppose it would be good if someone were to back up all of the HG site in case Gene decides to close shop completely, too.

The code is open source and available on SourceForge but the documentation is not over there to my knowledge.

mike

« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2018, 04:14:35 AM »

I just replied to Kevin on the HG club site that I will begin adding to the living doc as soon as I get myy RM thing and figure out how to do the HA thing - with Tuicemen's help I hope! 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.