Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Tuicemen's Off grid setup!  (Read 112955 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Tuicemen's Off grid setup!
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2017, 07:51:41 PM »

I managed to finally get my N/S actuator added to my solar tracker. It still needs some minor adjustments but I'm happy with how it is performing.
I had a few rainy days here so I soldered up a mini 12 volt relay to my sonoff sv module. Today I had a sunny break so I added it to my trackers  control box. I was concerned that maybe range might be  factor but it had performed well at this distance in tests, some times metal can act as a signal absorber or reflector so that was a concern as well.
Firing it up I had to do a IP scan as I didn't set the module to use a static IP once I discovered the IP I was able to put the trackers N/S actuator into a park position. :)%
Next rainy day I'll work at controlling via Alexa  ;)

In the spring I added a new solar array with 8 grid tie panels this doesn't have a tracker but I plan to add one down the road.
Turning it manually to where the sun comes up in the morning I have my battery bank fully charged by 7:30 am on a sunny morning so a tracker will really help for those partially cloudy days. ;)

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2017, 06:05:43 PM »

I experimented with Alexa to day (between the rain  burst)
I entered a static IP for my Solar tracker then configured HA-Bridge to send the on and off commands.
Told Alexa to discover devices and now I have voice control of my solar tracker park feature! :)%
I was hoping to get a video of this taken and posted but looks like the rain has moved it to stay for today. :(

Update: I managed to get a video of Alexa parking my solar array However due to the slow movement of the linear actuators the video is quite long.
I didn't include her deactivating it but can assure it does work.  >!
https://goo.gl/photos/jgaCH8QK1vW47oeZ9
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2017, 11:34:15 PM »

Update: I managed to get a video of Alexa parking my solar array However due to the slow movement of the linear actuators the video is quite long.
I didn't include her deactivating it but can assure it does work.  >!
https://goo.gl/photos/jgaCH8QK1vW47oeZ9

If when viewing you click on the little gear/setting icon (right corner) you can select to double the video speed. The video moves very nicely at that speed. GREAT job Tuice!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

HA Dave

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2017, 11:57:10 PM »

I edited your video... to make it run much faster... just for the sake of "action". Nice set-up.

https://youtu.be/jgKsJKnk0dY

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2017, 06:16:03 AM »

Thanks Dave,
This was my first video ever using my cell and never was much into creating them.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2017, 06:19:00 AM »

Thank you for sharing.
It does look good.

HA Dave

« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2017, 09:28:53 AM »

This was my first video ever using my cell and never was much into creating them.

Back in the summer of 2006.... X10 had a "contest". They offered $500 of X10 products for the winning YouTube entry that showed a use of X10. YouTube and Internet videos were pretty new back then. I had just bought some new X10 cameras.... so I created my YouTube channel and made a video... and got some security alarm stuff with my winnings.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:37:03 AM by HA Dave »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2017, 09:21:45 AM »

I've started to play with a Broadlink RM Pro
which was in the city but rarely used.(powermids did the IR control there)
Since this will learn and transmit All X10 RF signals (in addition to IR) I can now arm/disarm my x10 security via my smartphone or Alexa.  :)%
I still use Alex10/ha-Bridge for Alexa control but I can also integrate this with the RM Bridge app running on an old android phone.
So I now have voice control of all IR and RF devices inside here  :)% (except my ceiling fan :( )

>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2017, 12:22:45 PM »

.... I can now arm/disarm my x10 security via my smartphone or Alexa. ........ I now have voice control of all IR and RF devices inside here  :)% (except my ceiling fan

Good work!  >!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2017, 12:48:22 PM »

Thanks Dave,
This rainy summer has given me lots of time to play indoors with my HA setup here.
Garden isn't growing but my HA setup is! rofl

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2017, 07:28:07 PM »

... Garden isn't growing but my HA setup is! rofl

Getting the [Amazon] DOT around Christmas time... was one of the best [HA] decisions I've ever made. Then with my [iPhone] new modules, new camera system, a Wink hub, Cree light, and racerfern's donated [homeseer] Hometroller enabling Alexa control of my X10, and the [car detection] magnetic probe at the driveway.... my setup has never been better.

And there is so much more that I can still do.... without even adding new devices. I haven't even played with geo-fencing yet. I don't really know.... but I sometimes wonder if we aren't part of a new Home Automation "Golden Age".

But another hobby (and mandatory yard work) makes spare time hard to find in the summer months. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:34:41 PM by HA Dave »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2018, 06:30:24 AM »

Last week I took a WM100 up to the off grid place.
I don't have a big HA setup there so the device limitation isn't a factor for there (yet).
I've now retired my cm15/thin client running AHP there.
Now all I need is Alexa skill that will directly talk to the WM100. ::) :'
I finally got my outdoor wood boiler rigged up with X10 and can control when it will open the damper to some degree.
The main reason to set this up was to turn it on from the city prior to leaving to go there.
Radiant heat is nice but it takes a while to get the place up to being a comfortable temperature.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:08:56 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2018, 08:30:23 AM »

I've not setup much in my WM100 (Willie)as yet (timer wise) here.
The one Willie per app limitation is a pain. I originally had this unit setup in my old phone but that meant I needed to take both phones up. B:(
In the end I loaded my new phone to work with this Willie.
I have two IP cameras inside and two outside which allow me to see what if anything is on or off that shouldn't be.
These are all viewable from my phone so a quick switch to the wi-fi app allows me to change the state of anything that needs be. :)%
The XPFM Inline Receiver Module I added to my outdoor wood furnace works like a charm.
As the days get warmer it doesn't make sense to have it heating to 150+ degrees. The ability to stop the damper from auto opening for long periods of time really does save on wood consumption. ;)
I set up a scene to handle a period of no auto opening followed by a period of allowing auto opening.
I love the fact that a scene can be stopped and over ridden if needed it is perfect for this setup.
 >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2018, 01:51:33 PM »

With my thin client retired I found the need for a low power streaming device which a Raspberry Pi would fill nicely.
Since many use these for HA I wanted one that could perform both. The 3B+ looked like it would handle this just fine

I don't really need any macro logic here but with lots of open source HA software available for the Pi that can handle this it was a no brainer to add that. I also wanted Alexa control of my X10 modules here and HA-Bridge runs just fine on the Pi.
The Willie (WM100) has no real logic yet and with the talk on the forum here about a WM100 Pi Companion module wish I set about to create a Pi X10 meshed module. The Pi 3B+ I ordered for here is to big to fit in a CM15 with existing components and I wished to utilize those until the WM100 protocol is released so I mounted the Pi to the front of my CM15a. 
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=29832.msg173513#msg173513.
A Pi Zero W board will fit as will most likely some other non Pi boards. However I already had the B3+ on order ::) :'
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2018, 04:41:40 PM »

... Garden isn't growing but my HA setup is! rofl

Getting the [Amazon] DOT around Christmas time... was one of the best [HA] decisions I've ever made. Then with my [iPhone] new modules, new camera system, a Wink hub, Cree light, and racerfern's donated [homeseer] Hometroller enabling Alexa control of my X10, and the [car detection] magnetic probe at the driveway.... my setup has never been better.

And there is so much more that I can still do.... without even adding new devices. I haven't even played with geo-fencing yet. I don't really know.... but I sometimes wonder if we aren't part of a new Home Automation "Golden Age".

But another hobby (and mandatory yard work) makes spare time hard to find in the summer months.

OH NO YOU DON'T!  You cannot say "another hobby" and not describe it here!   Fess up!  What, pray tell, is this "other hobby" Kimosabi?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.