Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Tuicemen's Off grid setup!  (Read 112953 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Tuicemen's Off grid setup!
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2018, 08:02:42 AM »

I had started to create a means for HG to talk with HA-Bridge in the city. I posted a link to my Widget(program) in the HG forum then realized I'd not included the option to password protect HA-Bridge B:(
I've updated that now to include the security feature.
Anyone interested it the HGX fie can find it here: https://homegenie.club/t/ha-bridge-addition/322
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2018, 12:20:16 PM »

There is a downloadable widget already created for this all you need to do is get a API Key.

Simply download in from HG  and then enable it and enter your info.
In HG click configure then Maintenance then  under system options click on the install package button to the right package manager.
In the window that appears scroll down to "Weather and Enviroment" and open it.
next click on "Open Weather" then click install package.
 >!

I think maybe you meant to download it from https://openweathermap.org?  I can seem to almost do that.  I can get an API key... but it says the API key is invalid.  I have no downloadable widget from here.  I thought I might be smart enough to copy their API call?  code?  into HG in a new widget, but, alas, no luck...  HG says new widget is invalid.

I spent an hour screwing with this and cannot seem to get any widgetry magic.  I CAN program an Arduino, I can decode C+ language, I WAS published many times as a young punk in the 1970's with machine language games in various of the cool top computer magazines at the time.  I have designed new gadgets that do what no one did before that Boeing, Spirit Aerospace, GKN, etc., love, I even was/am the electrical engineer in an outfit that thinks they have an almost perpetual motion machine motor that Elon Musk has come to see.   But I'll be damned if I can figure out how to make a gdam widget for my poor HG to see weather.

Can you take  pity on my Mr. T?  Give me (us?) a step by step for dummies how to make this work?  I would be tickled pink to send you a paypal case of beer in exchange, or case of wine, or your choice equivalent.  For now, I will go drink mine and drown in my sorrows.

Until then...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2018, 04:16:54 PM »

No, the download for OpenWeather plugin package is inside HG using the package manager.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2018, 05:31:54 AM »

dah!  thanks.  I ASSUMED  you meant I needed to find it @ www.homegenie website!    Why do I always try to make it more difficult than it is?  Haha! 

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2018, 07:56:31 AM »

You can download many widgets/apps directly from within HG (they were moved to make it easier).  You may also be able to still get them from the web site.  Either way, you just install the OpenWeatherMap app and change the settings per your liking (including adding your API key) and it should work out of the box.  The WU app works this way, but obviously you have to get a non-free API key now.

I'm not sure, but it looks like even those with free API keys may not remain free for long:

Code: [Select]
Status
Paid Membership
Expiration:
6/2/2019
Signed Up:
1/1/2014

It looks to me like they will be turning off my account in about a year.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 08:00:03 AM by bkenobi »

mike

« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2018, 12:09:32 PM »

Thanks guys.  I am getting disenfranchised the more I try to mess with HG...

Now I cannot get it to run in Chrome, and it sometimes runs in firefox - but for the last 3 days I cannot get configure->groups->dashboard to show the widgets...  they flash for about 100msec then disappear with only the top 1/10th of the WU widget showing...  So I cannot try different API keys in this widget I installed here... 

The default and next one I made say invalid and I have no clue why.

Made a new key called it "last try" today but I can't even test it!   

Gerhah!@#$#@@!

mike

« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2018, 12:48:42 PM »

Guys,

Is there a way to get any security coded door switches or KR10 keyfobs etc into HG?

mike

« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2018, 12:51:31 PM »

...Either way, you just install the OpenWeatherMap app and change the settings per your liking (including adding your API key)

So where would you enter the API key?  It is not obvious as it was with WU.  Maybe the line first line under parameters called "ConfigureOptions.API Key"?  If so, I have tried 3 so far and no data comes thru... 

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2018, 01:41:09 PM »

I haven't used the OWM widget in a long time.  It looks to me like you need to set it as a configuration option in the same place you enter your location.

https://github.com/genielabs/homegenie-packages/blob/master/packages/Weather%20and%20Environment/Open%20Weather/OpenWeatherData.hgx#L13

Code: [Select]
// set input fields parameters
Program.AddOption("Location", "Berlin", "City name", "text");
Program.AddOption("Language", "de", "Language. See http://OpenWeatherMap.org/API for available langugae codes.", "text");
Program.AddOption("UpdateInterval", "60", "Update interval in minutes. Default is 60 minutes.", "text");
Program.AddOption("API Key", "1234567890", "Please register to get an API key", "text");
Program.AddOption("Custom Display Units", "TRUE", "Display System of Units (TRUE = use metric system, FALSE = use imperial system)", "text");
Program.AddOption("Custom Color", "213", "HUE Color Value", "text");
Program.AddOption("Custom Zoom", "100%", "Custom Zoom", "text");

When you install the app, it will show up in HG under programs.  You will need to navigate to it and compile/enable it.  Before you leave, you need to set the location, API key, and units.  Then, go to your dashboard and add the widget so it will show up.  It should be that simple.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 01:45:30 PM by bkenobi »

mike

« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2018, 05:21:34 AM »

Thanks all for the help.  With it I now have the widget in dashboard page.  I assume the reason it does not get weather info is my API key(s) are no good for some reason.  I have now made 3 free keys and none work. 

mike

« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2018, 06:34:46 AM »

Just got it to work;  found out an API key is NOT all that is required!  A LOCATION that is in their system must also be used!  When I entered farmersville, there are 5 choices that pop up;  mine is the last one.  But it will not get data.  Neither will default.  I just entered Dayton as a test and it works.  I will accept that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2018, 06:44:43 AM »

You need to enter city,country code not sure about if there are more then one city with same name in your country.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2018, 12:34:00 PM »

is there a way for hg to use ds10 security sensors?  (of course I have my v572rf that can map my ds10s into simple x10 addresses but that looses the higher res security data)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2018, 04:35:56 PM »

yes to some extent, what is your idea?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2018, 05:03:24 AM »

My idea is it would be nice to move ALL programming from AHP to HG and just use cm15 as modem interface.  But from what I see, I do not yet see a way to actually directly see DS10 or keyfobs in HG. 

I rely on AHP arming and disarming my security console each day on a timer.  It would be grand to move it to HG and actually use their cool security console widget. 

I am beginning to think leaving the arm/disarm in AHP is ok.  Then I can just use Warren's v572 and send each DS10 over as a regular x10 command.  I would use this then to alert us in the house if a door opens during armed hours, which door (I have an alarm lite that blinks 1x for garage, 2x for barn, 3x for warehouse, 4x for office, etc.   I can envision adding a HG server lcd panel and see know more in the future.  or with its voice capability maybe have my laptop just SAY which door is open. 

Thus it would be nice if the security data could be passed to HG from the CM15.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.