Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How is "Send IR Command" used under Macro Designer/RF Commands?  (Read 14545 times)

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: How is "Send IR Command" used under Macro Designer/RF Commands?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 01:09:49 PM »

No go fellas........... Couldent configurre the VCR Commander II (UX23A) as stated in the previous posts.
The VCR Commander II does not have multiple manufacture IR command sets in its firmware like the old UX17A IR Commander did, unlike I was lead to believe by X10 level two support. Plus there is no way to program the VCR Commander II in AHP for anything but VCR Record Start and after five minutes VCR Record Stop (hard coded) and a RF house and unit code from any motion sensor. The only reason I can think of why X10 discontinued the functionality of the UX17A to control AV equipment was either not enough folks used it or it was to difficult to keep it current with all the manufactures IR code sets.
OH WELL BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD  >*< ??? B:( :-\ :'(
To bad you couldn't get it working.
Althought the VCR Commander does have multiple manufacture IR command sets in its firmware althought some of the old codes from the ux17a are different.
In fact it has some added manufacture codes.
It took me over a year to get it to work for PcCompanion.
I think AHP can possibly control this  once set up .
However I suspect a key bit of initialization code is missing. :(
 >!
FYI Here is an AHP create module screen shot of the three types of Commanders that can be selected.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.