Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OSX Simple monitoring and control with CM15A? mochad?  (Read 7575 times)

wpns

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
OSX Simple monitoring and control with CM15A? mochad?
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:45:22 AM »

I've got a client with an X10-based HA system that's getting flakey, and I really need a tool to listen to X10 commands and send my own commands.

The CM15A doesn't look that expensive, and will save many hours of debugging if I can find a way to talk to it.

It looks like mochad will do everything I want, has anyone made it work on OSX?

Alternately, is there any Mac software that will show me the commands it sees on the wire and let me send my own commands?

Thanks!

mmauka

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: OSX Simple monitoring and control with CM15A? mochad?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 06:05:34 AM »

Sorry, I am not aware of anyone porting mochad to OSX. If some brave soul does, I will be happy to merge the changes into mochad.

mmauka

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: OSX Simple monitoring and control with CM15A? mochad?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 07:03:13 PM »

I've got a client with an X10-based HA system that's getting flakey, and I really need a tool to listen to X10 commands and send my own commands.

The CM15A doesn't look that expensive, and will save many hours of debugging if I can find a way to talk to it.

It looks like mochad will do everything I want, has anyone made it work on OSX?

Alternately, is there any Mac software that will show me the commands it sees on the wire and let me send my own commands?

Thanks!

A little late I know.

But couldn't this be a noise issue? And if it is, you sending and receiving X10 commands isn't going to produce a solution. As far as MAC software: "Xtension" from Shed.com
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.