Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: New X10 alarm panel!  (Read 72751 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: New X10 alarm panel!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 07:12:28 PM »

The X10 link in the first post of this thread. Takes you to the sales page for the console.

Part way down the page is a photo of the console with the right side front door open.
It shows the battery compartment, tamper switch, wired zones 31-32  connection for the X10 enabled wall wart supply and the keypad.

You may want to download the RS manual I linked to for a rough estimate of how it may work.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 07:16:44 PM »

.... You may want to download the RS manual I linked to for a rough estimate of how it may work.

I just did that and was returning to edit my post. THANKS so much for the lighting fast information Brian H. I have mixed... (but more good than bad) feelings about the new console.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

peg-leg

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 09:44:19 PM »

New or old it adds features the ds7000 doesn't have.   If its the radio shack version it will be nice to be able to deregister door and window sensors. 

dwp

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 09:15:28 AM »

i wonder if the new consol has good RF range i dont see an antena ?

and Doe's the key-pad let you punch a code in to dis-arm?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:17:03 AM by dwp »

mhart521963

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 07:34:51 PM »

Anyone now how many times this "new" panel chimes when set in "home" mode?  My old X-10 chimes FORTY times when in "home" mode and that is IRRITATING!  B:( Have they ever thought about about changing or letting the user change the number of chimes per mode?   -:)  Thanks.

peg-leg

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 08:58:54 PM »

Anyone now how many times this "new" panel chimes when set in "home" mode?  My old X-10 chimes FORTY times when in "home" mode and that is IRRITATING!  B:( Have they ever thought about about changing or letting the user change the number of chimes per mode?   -:)  Thanks.
. My ds7000 only chimes once in home mode to indicate it's armed.  Can you further describe the sequence of events that leads to "40 chimes"?

mmauka

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 09:52:23 PM »

Owner's manuals for the new security console, sensors, and remote are posted on ftp.x10.com. One difference between the DS10A and DS12A is the DS10A supports a low battery flag but there is no mention of this for the DS12A.

Both the DS12A and MS18A support tamper (cover open) while the DS10A and MS10A do not.

ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/DS12A-OM.PDF
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/KR32A-OM.PDF
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/MS18A-OM.PDF
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/SC1200-OM.pdf
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/SC1200-QSG.pdf

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 05:57:50 AM »

Thanks for the links.
I was hoping it would not be too long before they got there.

I will have to compare the consoles data to my Radio Shack 49-1000 console made by X10.

It now also has a wiki area.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/SecuriLINK_Home_Security_System
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:28:55 PM by Brian H »

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 03:27:02 AM »

..... It did have two security addresses for lamp modules to flash. Down side the dual addresses messed up the small and large powerhorn sirens. They didn't work or just chirped.  ::)

No external siren connection... and powerhorns don't work ether?   Great.

I was just getting ready to start a rant about how OLD the DS7000 was and how long it has gone with no upgrade. I really like the new console sure hope X10 did their homework on this, but whats this about the power horns not working that's to me one of the best features of the whole system! When I had an attempted break in I'm convinced that those power horns three on the main floor were the main reason the crooks didn't stay long enough to get a thing! that and all my lights flashing. Wondering if you can cut ALL Lights Of remotely if the alarm goes off if you're out of town or can access the system in person there should be some way to turn the lights off. Had a friend that was on vacation when it happen had all the lights on in his house for 3 weeks! you should have seen his electric bill!!! So is it true the power horns don't function properly that would be a deal breaker for me!! l also just looked at the instructions seems like you can only flash TWO LIGHTS when an alarm goes off now this is a real BUMMER. Is this true or did I read this wrong.

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 06:02:41 AM »

The Radio Shack used two security lamp addresses. Like if you picked B1. B2 was also a security lamp address.
During an alarm it would send B1 B2 Bon then B1 B2 Boff. The power horns did not like that.
I did see on page 35 of the manual. The two security light codes detailed. Sounds just like the Radio Shack model.

Guess we wait for someone to report findings when they get the console or a complete kit.

Not going to be the Brian H testing labs this time.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:30:31 AM by Brian H »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 08:56:46 AM »

The Radio Shack used two security lamp addresses. Like if you picked B1. B2 was also a security lamp address.
During an alarm it would send B1 B2 Bon then B1 B2 Boff. The power horns did not like that.

Yeah but reading in the wiki link it mentions that the powerhorn siren will work!

Will be nice when we do get more feed back from users.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 01:09:23 PM »

Yeah but reading in the wiki link it mentions that the powerhorn siren will work!

Will be nice when we do get more feed back from users.

What about the flashing lights is it just two unit codes that will flash.  ???  If so they really didn't do their due diligence when designing this thing. It has some nice features but they should found out what the customer wants thats what I do with my company I would never try to design something for sale without consumer input.

Tom j.

mhart521963

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »

. My ds7000 only chimes once in home mode to indicate it's armed.  Can you further describe the sequence of events that leads to "40 chimes"?
I have the "old" X10 and just ordered this new SC1200 unit.  My old X10 chimes only ONCE when I set in away mode and 40 times when I set up in home mode at night - sort of the "opposite" of what you would think it should.  I am hoping the new SC1200 will chime "more intelligently" than the old X-10; with the old unit I have to listen carefully from outside for the one chime when I set by remote (wishing it would chime five or six times for example) and when I go to bed and set in home mode I have to listen to it chime for 40 times before it sets up.  Kind of gets on your nerves at bedtime, if you know what I mean!

george536

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 10:30:01 PM »

i think yours is defective. Mine arming away or home only chimes once.

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 08:56:19 AM »

Mine will only chime once also when armed in either home or away mode. Chimes twice when disarmed. The only time mine will chime multiple times when arming is if one of the sensors is not reporting in. Like a window or door is opened.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.