Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: power requirements  (Read 9234 times)

DWOLF

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
power requirements
« on: February 14, 2011, 05:42:34 AM »

i purchased about 25 board cameras at an auction,some are dual board,some are wireless.the wireless ones I've gotten figured out but there are 4-5 that look a lot more expensive,all of these are dual board,these came with bnc connections as well as power supplies,problem is there are ac adapters as well as ac/dc adapters,how can i no which goes with witch cam?i have pics but haven't Been able to figure out how to upload here.if someone would like to offer advice,i'd gladly e-mail pics.last thing i wanna do is destroy something when someone may have useful info. i ask this before,how do i determine manufacture,model ect. i've looked at everything under a magnifying glass,found nothing other than as series of #s,seems like 3 might have same #s and 1 is different,the cam that has diff. #s even looks different,never seen anything like it.i believe these 4-5 cams were used by wal mart security,they have high dollar lenses ect,sees in total darkness without use of any type light source.sense there is 1 ac power supply,i assume 1 cam is ac,but which one i have no idea.thanks for your time.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: power requirements
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:16:45 AM »

How many times are you going to ask the same questions?

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=21525.0

Maybe some one new to the forum has a working crystal ball but I can guarantee there is no magic wand solution, which is appearently what you are looking for.

In the mean time, as far as determining the AC camera, did you read/follow my October 22 response about trying to identify powersupply components on the PC board for an AC input??

I am speaking for myself, but it gets tiresome to offer help only to find out it is ignored. You need to take a little action at your end and then post some feed back.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:56:57 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Re: power requirements
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 07:43:55 PM »

I thought I'd seen this question before.

Take your camera collection to a CCTV expert who may or may not be able to identify what you have by using his/her vast knowledge and experience.

Be warned that vast knowledge and experience comes at a price and will probably bring the true of of your cameras up to something close to the current retail value.

My advice, for what it's worth, would be to put the cameras into an auction and let some other mug let the smoke out of them while you buy something that comes with instructions.

Don't forget that this is an X10 forum - try the forum for the camera manufacturer  :'
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.