Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: multiple, optional answers with voice  (Read 18426 times)

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
multiple, optional answers with voice
« on: November 07, 2008, 10:14:44 AM »

i am using ver 1.7, and was wondering if there was a way in the event view, on the scripting page where is could have the computer have a choice of what to say.

i tried to do a script with those kind of options but it didn't work.

example: user says: how are you?
computer says: i am doing fine or i'm not feeling to good today or i am fantastic

i tried to put brackets and parenthesis but i guess i put them in the wrong spot because it reads all of the punctuation marks too!

once i have an example of a script like this i could make my computer sound like she has a mind of her own.  ooppps (of its own).

can someone please explain how to do this?  thanks everyone
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: multiple, optional answers with voice
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 03:49:16 PM »

i am using ver 1.7, and was wondering if there was a way in the event view, on the scripting page where is could have the computer have a choice of what to say.

example: user says: how are you?
computer says: i am doing fine or i'm not feeling to good today or i am fantastic

I use BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) a third party software that works directly with the AHP & CM15A. Bill has added several options for replies, to include typed-in multiple replies... each reply in BVC is separated by "|" and is then selected randomly. You could give that a try...

As in: (computer says) i am doing fine | i'm not feeling to good today | i am fantastic |(or my favorite) I am operating within your specified perimeters
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:39:14 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: multiple, optional answers with voice
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 12:52:26 PM »

sorry it took so long to reply.  had a nasty virus and had to reinstall.  anyway, thanks for the info, i know about BVC and plan on getting it for a christmas present to myself!  just playing around with an old copy of homeseer i had. >!
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.