Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not THE BEST REMOTE  (Read 5878 times)

alexmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Not THE BEST REMOTE
« on: February 22, 2011, 04:44:45 PM »

Was excited with my plans to get rid of all my remotes. When got Nstinct remote I hooked it with my new Samsung without any problems. The next step was to set up all my favorites. Here the best remote failed. The reason is that I have digital channels that shown as 3 digits dash 3 digits. For example 110-132, 110-149 etc. And the best and the smartest remote could deal with 6 symbols only. I didn't think about that when I ordered it, but, come on, guys don't claim your product the best in the world if it doesn't do simple things. At least make a note on your description that "you can store channels in Favorites.6 symbols max". Customer service said that there is the way to deal with that, by writing the macros.....What? If I have 7 favorite channels and my wive has 7, do I have to write 14 macros which will not show icons anyway? What's the purpose of such remote? I would better use a sheet of paper and will write my channels there.
After I got that trouble I started to look for solutions and found that I am not alone. The guy here pointed to that problem last year,and nobody replied to him http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=21753.msg123007#msg123007
In conclusion.I will return it will not buy again it unless they will upgrade it up to the real time digital requirements.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Not THE BEST REMOTE
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 06:36:38 PM »

alexmark
FYI
This is a user forum. Although the format is provided by X10, AFAIK X10 does not monitor it, and they definitely do not respond to customer complaints through the forum. A few users have said X10 does respond to Facebook comments on the X10 page.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:39:34 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.