Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Reviews For The New X10 SecuriLink Security System  (Read 81714 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Reviews For The New X10 SecuriLink Security System
« on: February 16, 2011, 05:52:45 PM »

Please post your reviews here for the new X10 SecuriLink security system.I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the reviews so please post if you buy one and give us your take on it. Thanks

Tom j.

george536

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Reviews For The New X10 SecuriLink Security System
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 10:31:49 PM »

I really want one, since at least it looks alot better than the current oldschool answer machine. But i dont want to fork out the 80 bucks for a console not tested

jeffdharlan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • My home doesn't take sick days
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »

Not a review, but a general comment based on the specs...I like the fact that you can use it with you existing security components.  It's good to see they didn't make a product that requires you to start all over and purchase new compatible sensors.

I am assuming that the specs are 100% accurate though!  :P
What has your home done for you today?

tom j

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 04:29:26 PM »

Not a review, but a general comment based on the specs...I like the fact that you can use it with you existing security components.  It's good to see they didn't make a product that requires you to start all over and purchase new compatible sensors.

I am assuming that the specs are 100% accurate though!  :P

I've heard it doesn't work with the powerhorns and does support more then two unit codes so if all your lights are one one housecode you could only flash two lights, on the older DS7000 you could flash all lights on a given HOUSE CODE for me that's a deal breaker.

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 04:31:02 PM »

It was never said they did not work with powerhorns or only two security light codes and not the whole house code.
It was said the similar Radio Shack 49-1000 didn't. We still don't know what changes where made to the firmware for the present offering.
That is why we are waiting for a real users tests before jumping the gun with possible incorrect statements.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:33:54 PM by Brian H »

tom j

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 04:37:17 PM »

It was never said they did not work with powerhorns or only two security light codes and not the whole house code.
It was said the similar Radio Shack 49-1000 didn't. We still don't know what changes where made to the firmware for the present offering.
That is why we are waiting for a real users tests before jumping the gun with possible incorrect statements.

Well that's what I read somewhere concerning the powerhorns and as far as the flashing lights that what it said in the instruction manual I read online that it would only flash two lights if I read it wrong then I stand corrected check it out for yourself. Hopefully someone will do a complete review.

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »

I made the statement about the powerhorns and it was in reference to the 49-1000 Radio Shack Unit.

I looked at the manual and you very well could be correct. If only the two security light addresses are flashed. Then I would doubt the powerhorns will sound. Even though the X10 wiki says it will.
All the ones I tested where older date codes with my RS console.

Who knows what X10 has done with the powerhorns now. I know there are threads on differences when trying to add a relay for tripping an event.

I would expect hands on user reports shortly. Then we will know for sure.
Maybe someone with an AHP setup or X10 controller that can monitor the power line. Can report the actual signals being sent. I have printouts of my 49-1000's power line commands.

tom j

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 09:08:26 PM »

I made the statement about the powerhorns and it was in reference to the 49-1000 Radio Shack Unit.

I looked at the manual and you very well could be correct. If only the two security light addresses are flashed. Then I would doubt the powerhorns will sound. Even though the X10 wiki says it will.
All the ones I tested where older date codes with my RS console.

Who knows what X10 has done with the powerhorns now. I know there are threads on differences when trying to add a relay for tripping an event.

I would expect hands on user reports shortly. Then we will know for sure.
Maybe someone with an AHP setup or X10 controller that can monitor the power line. Can report the actual signals being sent. I have printouts of my 49-1000's power line commands.

You're right Brian I'll hold off with my comments unit I'm certain of the functions, just hoping I'm wrong about the two unit codes maybe it was a typo.  ???

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 06:22:46 AM »

bigjohn9944's findings in the other thread says it all.

I doubt my old PH508 PowerHorn would sound with a SC12A Console.
Later revisions may as I know newer ones have a different PC Board in them.
Mine has a place for added components to add a relay output to it. That X10 didn't implement.
Newer ones, I have been told, do not have the extra component area.

jbcol1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 03:05:43 PM »

Got mine today!  So far I like it!!! It has most of the qualities that I wanted in the old system.

The only thing I have question on at this point is if I can use my remote sirens with it? So, far I haven't figured it out if I can.

Otherwise... good job X-10

John

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »

The remote sirens. Are they the PH508A Large or SH10A Small PowerHorn?
Try setting them to one of the two security lights codes and see if they work.

jbcol1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 04:11:35 PM »

That did it!!!  Thanks!

tom j

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 04:40:53 PM »

bigjohn9944's findings in the other thread says it all.

I doubt my old PH508 PowerHorn would sound with a SC12A Console.
Later revisions may as I know newer ones have a different PC Board in them.
Mine has a place for added components to add a relay output to it. That X10 didn't implement.
Newer ones, I have been told, do not have the extra component area.

Yeah I just saw it yesterday, very disappointed that all my housecode lights and powerhorns wouldn't work. I would have bought one as a backup to my DSC system I have two spare DS7000 but I'm kind of addicted to security ever since those two attempted break ins. The x10 system  put them right out of business and although I've been critical of x10 in the past it's just been over issues like these.They come up with basically a goo product but drop the ball like with the AHP module. The first one I got only had a range of 5 or 6 feet. Just gave up on the and suing two cheap transceivers.

Remember when J lino said What The Heck Were You Thinking? What was x10 thinking when they released this it could have been a really nice system. They could of also included the capability to have the unit professionally monitored most of the new do it yourself system at this price point have this capability.   >*<

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 04:44:02 PM »

Got mine today!  So far I like it!!! It has most of the qualities that I wanted in the old system.

The only thing I have question on at this point is if I can use my remote sirens with it? So, far I haven't figured it out if I can.

Otherwise... good job X-10

John

JBCOL1 Will it flash all your lights on a specific housecode? or do you need that feature. Really looks nice could you please write up a review after you complete your installation. Thanks

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 04:46:49 PM »

Your Powerhorns may work.

bigjohn9944 found his Powerhorns did with them set to one of the two security codes.
He also reported the two security addressed lamps flashed and not the whole house code.

jbcol1 also got his Powerhorns working with one of the two security codes.

Maybe both have later revision ones than I have or the SC1200 has a slightly different signal timing sequence. From what my 49-1000 has.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:54:52 PM by Brian H »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.