Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hiding windows  (Read 13832 times)

qrv3w

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Hiding windows
« on: February 16, 2011, 08:17:29 PM »

Hi, new to the forum, but it seems like a great community!

I just got some X10 modules and loaded up the ActiveHome software (newest version) on Windows 7.  Whenever ActiveHome opens a new window (for instance, if delete a macro or module, or select Tools->Hardware Configuration...) the window does not appear and the main window freezes, and I have to close it all down through task manager.  Is there an issue with Windows 7 I should know about? 

Please help...this software is completely useless unless I get this fixed.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Hiding windows
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 08:45:43 PM »

Hi, new to the forum, but it seems like a great community!

I just got some X10 modules and loaded up the ActiveHome software (newest version) on Windows 7.  Whenever ActiveHome opens a new window (for instance, if delete a macro or module, or select Tools->Hardware Configuration...) the window does not appear and the main window freezes, and I have to close it all down through task manager.  Is there an issue with Windows 7 I should know about? 

Please help...this software is completely useless unless I get this fixed.

What version are you running?

qrv3w

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:54:49 PM »

Update:  Still doesn't work, but I've found that when the program freezes the only thing I can move around is a thin line, which I assume is a window that has somehow coalesced??  Here is a screenshot: http://www.duke.edu/~zns/ahp.png

I'm using version 3.306.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:11:03 PM »

Update:  Still doesn't work, but I've found that when the program freezes the only thing I can move around is a thin line, which I assume is a window that has somehow coalesced??  Here is a screenshot: http://www.duke.edu/~zns/ahp.png

I'm using version 3.306.

That sounds like a Windows issue.
You might want to try the following (if you haven't done so already)

1. Make sure you have the latest Windows updates.
2. See if there is a newer version of your video card driver.
3. Uninstall and reinstall AHP (make sure to reboot after the uninstall, and again after the re-install).
4. Create a new AHX file.

Do you have any of the plugins?
Do you have issues with any other applications not displaying correctly?

qrv3w

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 09:28:35 PM »

How do I create a new AHX file?

Yes...I have all the updates, and I've reinstalled AHP about 6 times.  The first two times I installed all the plugins and the last four times I haven't installed any of the plugins.  I also tried an earlier version.  No other program has ever had this problem.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 09:32:19 PM »

How do I create a new AHX file?

Yes...I have all the updates, and I've reinstalled AHP about 6 times.  The first two times I installed all the plugins and the last four times I haven't installed any of the plugins.  I also tried an earlier version.  No other program has ever had this problem.

File--> New

qrv3w

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 09:41:09 PM »

New AHX doesn't help...that makes the whole program freeze up, too.  I can see that I have three AHP windows open in the task bar, but I can only see the main one and the main one does not respond at all.  I can still move around the tiny sliver of a window thought.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 09:50:39 PM »

CAREFULLY feel around the edge of the silver sliver.  You should find the little arrow thingie to expand it.  drag it out to size, then maximize the window. then shut down AHP and re-open it.

I had this happen to me several years ago.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 09:57:22 PM »

CAREFULLY feel around the edge of the silver sliver.  You should find the little arrow thingie to expand it.  drag it out to size, then maximize the window. then shut down AHP and re-open it.

Great idea - I hadn't thought of that.
You can also press Alt-Spacebar, which should bring up the menu from the upper-left of the window.
Choose "size," and use the arrows on the keyboard to make the window larger. Press "Enter" to save that size.

qrv3w

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 10:06:13 PM »

Great idea - I hadn't thought of that.
You can also press Alt-Spacebar, which should bring up the menu from the upper-left of the window.
Choose "size," and use the arrows on the keyboard to make the window larger. Press "Enter" to save that size.

Tried both...No luck...I even changed resolution to 800x600 and there is no arrow to change the size of it.  I can move it anywhere in the screen though.
I'm pretty sure it is a window because when I delete a module or open a tool a new line appears which I can move... but cannot exit or resize.

qrv3w

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 07:55:39 AM »

Please help!  I don't know what to do with all this X10 stuff if the software doesn't work

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 08:19:58 AM »

Unfortunately, that really sounds like a Windows issue, not an AHP issue.
Do you have another PC you can try it on, just as a test?
Otherwise, I suggest calling X10 support as soon as possible. If you can't get it fixed, they should let you return everything within 30 days for a refund.

rnorton888

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 01:44:33 PM »

Windows 7 has a new way of loading. It now uses Console sessions.
If you look in the taskmanager is the program running?
Does it allow you to view cameras remotely etc even though you can't see the actual program on the screen?
If so try running it with the left mouse buttin and use the IN SESSION option.
This is really true if your trying to run the program from another program such as ALWAYS UP.

Hope this helps.
Randy

rooster78

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 02:44:00 AM »

I had the same problem.  You will notice that you have several Active Home windows open at the bottom of the Window Toolbar.  Right click on any of the window and select maximize.  Keep doing this until you get to the Active Home window that is expecting input. Once you find the window that is ready for input, input what is required and then hit OK.  This should fix it.

I found that this only happens when I have Active Home maximized.  If I click the icon next to the red X and make it a smaller window, Active Home brings up any additional windows correctly.

Took me a while to figure it out, but now that I know what is going on, the software is working well.

Let me know if you need additional information.

:)

qrv3w

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 07:28:11 PM »

Thanks that worked!

I Shift+Right clicked on the second ActiveHome window and hit maximize and I could see it!

Brilliant.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.