Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: SC1200 and Answering Systems  (Read 31555 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SC1200 and Answering Systems
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 06:07:07 AM »

Tip/Ring reversal. I have never even seen anything on such a problem.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:34:04 AM by Brian H »

bt54

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 04:17:53 PM »

Can you set a time delay before the SC1200 answering machine activates?
If it doesn't work get a BIGGER hammer!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 06:31:21 PM »

Yes the answer delay can be set.
The manual indicates you can let an answering machine pick up the line so you can receive messages and if you send the four touch tones for the PIN. You should be able to control things through the SC1200A. That part seems to be not correctly working.

vlong

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 06:45:48 PM »

the bad thing is when control by the phone to listent to any activity in the house the console will turn of the siren for it hear,,,, good to have PH508 as an additional siren.

sanjay92

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 04:35:25 PM »

Yes, I have same issue.
If I set Answer delay to low value on SC1200 then I hear Enter PIN. If my answering machine picks up then I enter PIN, it does not work.

Answering machine is also important and I want to turn off/turn on from remote phone.

Any idea how can it work ?

vlong

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 06:12:41 PM »

with answer machin is on it won't work for me as well so no point to enter pin will be uselessssssss.

sanjay92

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 06:23:20 PM »

It supposed to work with Answering machine as mentioned in Manual.

Question: When it start dialing out Numbers ( When you set in away mode ), How to I acknowledge from my phone ? It says in Manual press any button but it does not stop unit to dial out other numbers and it still keeps dialing. When it does stop dialing or how do I remotely deactivate alarm.

I have VOIP home  phone, is it same same issue with Non VOIP phone or VOIP does not matter in this case since there is flaw in the system.

with answer machin is on it won't work for me as well so no point to enter pin will be uselessssssss.

sanjay92

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 11:36:42 PM »

I have talked to support and here what they have said:
Greetings!

Please set the SC1200 to only pick up AFTER the answering machine message has finished playing. If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. Thanks for choosing X10!

>> Again asked clarification:
Well that's what I am doing ? Are you saying that I need to find exact seconds when my answering machine stops playing and then use that number in answering delay on the console.

>>Response from X10
Yes- if that does not work, try adding 5 more seconds to the delay. If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. Thanks for choosing X10!

I have tried various combinations on delays but still could not figure out .

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 05:48:58 PM »

Latest feedback I received via e-mail from X-10 tech support on the SC1200 and answering machines:
"I am afraid I need you to wait while I discuss further steps with the tech team and some of the developers. We are seeing a very high volume of support requests right now. Please rest assured that I am doing what I can to see the issue resolved, but it will take some time. As soon as I receive further information, I will let you know. Again, thank you for your patience."

This was after they had me provide the make/model of the answering machines I had tried and also had me try a test of answering the line with a phone after the answering machine had started recording.  Hopefully the developers will identify a fix.

BTY: I tested my phone line and it is NOT a top/ring reversal problem unless it is the cord X-10 provided.

Tip & Ring are the two sides of the talking path in a telephone line.  If tip & ring (the titles go to the early days of telephones. In the central office, one side of the line went to the tip of the plug, there was a phenolic insulator and a ring where the other side of the line went.  The terminology stayed right through the Touch-Tone era.) are reversed you can receive calls and talk, but cannot dial out.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 06:23:10 PM »

Well Dan. Mine can be reversed and I can dial out just fine. Don't ask how I know.  :'
Though I did find some old wiring diagrams for the original Western Electric Touch Tone Phones. They where polarity sensitive. So I can see where tip and ring reversal would make a difference. With some phones.

Now in my early days. We had a party line and it was tip to ground or ring to ground for the ringing signal.  ;D

I don't think the SC1200 ever monitors the phone line after the machine picks up. Like the TR16A Telephone Responder does.

I got out my RS 49-1000 console by X10 and it is similar to the SC1200A.
Well when the answering machine answers and finished its message. I sent the four digit PIN and got a PIN Accepted Reply and the answering machine had dropped off line. So it looks like the 49-1000 seized the line and the answering machine disconnected.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:08:13 AM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 10:34:51 PM »

Now in my early days. We had a party line
US TO!   -:)  "Our ring" was two longs and a short.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

RFG

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »

I have given up on X-10 Tech Support and requested a RMA to return the SC1200 for a refund :(  It's been over a month since I last had a response from the level 2 support person despite multiple e-mails and long waits on-hold with both Tech Support and Customer Service.  Especially frustrating when they drop the connection after 25 or 30 minutes B:(   Finally managed to get a live person on their on-line live chat who promised to issue the RMA.  My advice is to stay away from the SC1200 if you expected to use it on the same phone line as an answering machine!

dave1700

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 01:16:01 PM »

Have had my SC1200 installed for about four weeks.  I'll be returning it for two reasons:  Range on DS10a's isn't more than about 25 feet and I need more.   Also, telephone dialer sometimes connects to the telephone line and stays connected.   There's no way to hang it up or disconnect, except to unplug from the wall, and keep it unplugged.

I did get it to work with my answering machine the first few times.  I called the answering machine picked up, I put in my security code, and immediately could use the machine.   Very cool being able to arm/disarm/listen to status, and turn on various lights etc using the cell phone.

Too bad about the range.   I've tried every type of passive antenna on both DS10 and SC1200 but nothing will get enough range.

des1157

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2012, 01:54:36 PM »

I contacted the X10 on this issue and they have full knowledge that this system will not work as advertised and refuse to identify any phone system this feature will work with. They 1st told me it was my brand of phone system, so I have now tried 2 more brands of the latest phones systems available and this feature works on none of them. The have no list or will not provide one for phones it will work on. Then they refused to take the device back for a refund and wanted to charge me a restocking fee. With persistence, they agreed to return it but would still charge me a 15% restocking fee. I have filed a complaint no. 22339031 with the better business bureau regarding the product and X10's fraudulent claims on the product and their refusal to provide or identify any phone system the product will function on. Please due the unsuspecting public and myself a hugh favor and help by filing a complaint at WWW.bbb.org and you can reference my complaint 22339031 as supporting information. I would also appreciate it if you would spread the word.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »

des1157:

I removed your duplicate posts -- we get the picture.  Once is enough.  Most of us read all the posts.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.