Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP TIMERS  (Read 4715 times)

mpost732

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP TIMERS
« on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:22 PM »

I can control all on computer and remotes. Only 2 modual  timed events work and only the off times. I have uninstalled AHP and downloaded a new program. Reset all timers and changed house codes. Did`nt work. I reset the CM15A. I have a wired phase coupler and have a noise filter on a kodac easy share printer. Recently added a HP printer but disconnected it and that did`nt help. Been using AHP for 20+ yrs. Just moved CM15A to same outlet that one of the working moduals is (off only). Any Help? Newbe MP Thanks
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:38:27 AM by mpost732 »

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: AHP TIMERS
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 01:37:13 PM »

I can control all on computer and remotes. Only 2 modual  timed events work and only the off times. I have uninstalled AHP and downloaded a new program. Reset all timers and changed house codes. Did`nt work. I reset the CM15A. I have a wired phase coupler and have a noise filter on a kodac easy share printer. Recently added a HP printer but disconnected it and that did`nt help. Been using AHP for 20+ yrs. Just moved CM15A to same outlet that one of the working moduals is (off only). Any Help? Newbe MP Thanks

Are these lamp modules (or wall switches) that aren't responding to timers?
Starting with version 3.302 (released 1/10/2011), the default behavior for Lamp modules in AHP is to treat them as SoftStart ones. If your lamp modules are older (non-SoftStart), they don't respond to the Extended Dim commands, so they won't turn on or dim from timers in AHP.
To test this, watch as you turn one on with a hand-held remote. If it dims up to full brightness slowly, it is SoftStart. If it comes on immediately at full brightness, then it is an older (non-SoftStart) version.
The older ones need to be defined in AHP using the "Old Lamps - no SoftStart" category. Once you change the module definition and re-download your timers, they should respond again to the timers.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:52:22 AM »

Did your system work properly after making the changes?

I didn't notice this before, but in your original post you mentioned you had "Been using AHP for 20+ yrs".
I am guessing you meant you have been using X10 for 20+ years, as ActiveHome Pro (AHP) and the CM15A have only been out since 2004.

How recently did you purchase your CM15A?
What were you using to control your system before?

mpost732

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »

Did your system work properly after making the changes?

I didn't notice this before, but in your original post you mentioned you had "Been using AHP for 20+ yrs".
I am guessing you meant you have been using X10 for 20+ years, as ActiveHome Pro (AHP) and the CM15A have only been out since 2004.

How recently did you purchase your CM15A?
What were you using to control your system before?

mpost732

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 05:43:34 PM »

noam, Thanks for getting my AHP working again. your solution worked. I bought AHP when it came out because of the UBS connection. I think I got the interface at the same time. Before that I used X10. Thank again mpost732
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:38:33 PM by mpost732 »

gfs43

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 06:05:52 PM »

Noam,
How do I download (re-install) my old timer settings after I delete and re-install my (as old types) lamp controllers without having to setup all new timers? First, I tried to edit each lamp controller, but there is no older type selection available, so I had to delete them - which also deletes the associated timer settings.
It seems to me the prgm would revert back to the newer lamp controllers if I open up an old saved .ahx file.
Am I missing something? Tbx.

George

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »

I'll answer for Naom.  It's easy.  Open AHP and open one of your .ahx files. Once the file is open, you can click on every module you have and change it to an "OldLamp" if it's a old style module or leave it alone if it's a soft-start.  Any timer the module has will stay the same.

I did it when I upgraded AHP to 3.304 (or later) it took me about 8 minutes per .ahx file to convert all my .ahx files.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 07:54:08 PM »

To clarify, you need to right-click on the module, and choose "edit." You will then have a drop-down for the module type, which you will change  from "lamps" to "old lamps - no SoftStart".
you then need to pick the correct module from the second drop-down.
That should not affect any of the timers for that module.

mpost732

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 09:09:39 AM »

THANKS ALL. I`M UP AND RUNNING MPOSP732

gfs43

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 11:49:02 AM »

Also thanks - I didn't notice the drop down box for "module type". That saved a lot of resetting up the timers. The final test will be tonight at dusk when lots of lamps get the turn on command.   :D

George

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 12:50:37 PM »

When I did it, I changed every .ahx file I have (12 total) in less than an hour and every timer worked as they always did.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.