Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Temperature control in my GreenHouse with a DS10A  (Read 8987 times)

vette66_00

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Temperature control in my GreenHouse with a DS10A
« on: February 27, 2011, 05:18:07 AM »

Hello all. I have posted on a few things and have used the search ALOT. Well couple months ago I came up with this Idea and I have been using it very effectively. Just saw somebody else posted about using the DS10A for a Water warning device very cool.

Well my 2 DS10A's are not really modified they are simply being used for there on/off ability's. I use them to turn om my A/C and Heater when temperatures get to where my plants are not ok. I also use the X10 system for all of my security, water pumps (hydroponic system), and text messaging for faults or for pumps or lights going on or off.

So on to the DS10A. Basically I am using in this description a DS10A, a Honeywell (Homedepot) Digital thermostat, a 20 amp XPR-W Receptacle Duplex, and of course a Wireless Transceiver (TM751).

Hooking up the Thermostat was pretty basic turning it on and checking which terminals where shorted when heating and when cooling went on. So currently its setup for cooling only since the lights make it pretty hot inside this 10X15 space.

This is true with any thermostat the letter will all be the same. So if you get a $20 stat like this one or a more expensive one it will work the same. These work great on just battery power usual 1-2 years on 2 triple a's

So what is hooked up here is O/B and G for cooling and I forgot which ones for heating but will update later tomorrow with that info.

So as far as programming is concerned as long as you dont put your alarm system into INSTALL it will not see this as a alarm system trigger. So you add the DS10A to a room and click the INSTALL button in ActivePro then click the TEST button on the DS10A this should configure. Now rename your DS10A so that you remember the name. Go into TOOLS go down to find other computers and hover over the Squares like this just to make sure its there. Also trigger it a few time to make sure your alarm is not sharing a code (I had to do this and repeat the above)

I added a AM486 for this test on A15

Now add a Macro This is the Temp on. Trigger in this case was Temp Sensor and was triggered on for Sensor Closed (closed circuit) this triggered on AM486

Now the second Macro. Same as above but the trigger was for Sensor Triggered (open circuit) with the AM486 going off.

Hope this helps somebody and if you know where to look this whole set up cost me around $50 new parts.

Question or Comments welcome.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Temperature control in my GreenHouse with a DS10A
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 05:27:53 AM »

Very Nice and thoroughly detailed!  Have your very first +1!

#:) :)+
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 06:47:06 AM »

Thank you for the excellent tutorial on using an X10 DS10A and AHP.
Second Helpful from me.
 >!

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:37:52 AM »

Thanks - a helpful from me.  Now if I only had a green house...............oh well, I'll relate all of this to my brother who does (have one).

vette66_00

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 05:26:47 PM »

I also wanted to add that even though the DS10A is on B3 it will not trigger anything directly, so the Macro's are used with the Sensor Trigger and Sensor Closed feature.

Thanks - a helpful from me.  Now if I only had a green house...............oh well, I'll relate all of this to my brother who does (have one).

You could also use this setup to report to a email or a text when your AC/Heater kicked on and off during the day.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:34:31 PM by vette66_00 »

vette66_00

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 09:59:29 PM »

R and W are the Heat points to be hooked up the same way as the cooling.

This goes for any thermostat that I have ever seen Analog and Digital.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.