Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installing ActiveHome  (Read 2463 times)

Magus

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Installing ActiveHome
« on: March 03, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »

Greetings

I just acquired ActiveHome via the download link and I'm awaiting shipment of the hardware items it will control.

Does it allow installing on more than a single PC? I have a personal laptop but the "workhorse" where the hardware will be actually controlled from is on a different laptop at a different location at our church where it will control lighting. I was hoping to install on my own laptop to familiarize myself with its operation. But I was hesitant to do so until I figure out if I'm shooting myself in the foot by binding it to my personal laptop and not the one where it will be used.

ADVthanksANCE... Rick  :)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Installing ActiveHome
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 08:17:39 PM »

By the license you get when you purchase AHP though the registration code you get in the email  it is for ONE PC ONLY.  If you replace the PC with a new one, AHP can be installed on it as you have the registration code.   You cannot use it for 2 PCs at the same time.

If you want to use it both at home and at your church 2 separate registration codes are needed (and two copies of AHP and 2 CM15A USB interfaces.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 08:38:20 PM »

Magus,

You might call X10 and see what they say. Other automation programs allow two installations, one on the dedicated machine and one on a developmental machine, but they are considerably more expensive than the 40 bucks one can find the CM15A and AHP selling for.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:43:49 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

lodtrack

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 08:15:25 AM »

AHP is on sale today at $9.99 with a tm751 and CM19a module. ...Dirt cheap if you only want another software licence. I purchased two licences for AHP(they came with separate hardware deals). I have installed the same licence on two machines and it works. Never did use the second licence yet.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.