Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: iWatchMobilePro 500 Error - Server not found  (Read 9346 times)

ward

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
iWatchMobilePro 500 Error - Server not found
« on: March 06, 2011, 05:42:29 PM »

I have a big problem with iWatchMobilePro I can view my cameras over 3G from home via iPhone 4 (an hour away from my office) for about 6 hours then I receive the following error, "500 Error - Server not found".  The next day I go back to my office talk with tech support who act like there is no solution for this error, they recommended re-installing the software, which I did and it started working once again, then 6 hours later when I am at home to view my cameras over 3G via iPhone 4 (an hour away from my office) I again receive the following error message, "500 Error - Server not found". Does anyone out there know of a solution? Or am I stuck with cameras that only broadcast over the internet for 6 hours then they reset.

Troubleshooting steps I have taken so far . . . 1) I have turned off the Windows Firewall 2) I have turned off all antivirus, and any other software that I thought may interfere with the connection to the x10 servers. 3) I have changed power settings on the computer that is running to always stay on so that it never turns off, so that the software is always running.

****Please Someone Help!!!! I cannot drive back to my office every 6 hours to re-install the software****

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: iWatchMobilePro 500 Error - Server not found
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 09:19:26 AM »

The default setup with iWatchout Pro is to use X10's reflector servers and that's the problem - they are notoriously unreliable.  I and others on this forum have solved this by configuring our router to forward port 8777 and using the ip address of our system.  You can find your ip by going to http://www.whatsmyip.org/.  Your resulting url for access would then be xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8777/iwatchpro where you replace the xxx's with the ip address you got from whatsmyip.

Since rebooting your system may change your ip address you can set up a free account at dyndns.org or someplace similar which can handle any ip address updates.  See the following thread for info on how to set this up: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22316.0

HTH,

DeliBaker
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:22:05 AM by delibaker »

ErikP

Re: iWatchMobilePro 500 Error - Server not found
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 06:10:47 PM »

3.310 (released this morning) includes some major changes to the 3G wireless communication aimed at solving the 500 error problem.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.