Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Couple of Questions  (Read 4481 times)

JMarsden92

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Couple of Questions
« on: February 27, 2011, 11:24:24 AM »

I have a situation at a clients location where the client can't actually tell if the unit is armed or not.  Has anyone figured a way out to wire an led to the panel so that it will be solid color when armed, and off when disarmed?  Client is using the new sc1200.  If you know of any other solutions that will work then i am open to suggestions.  Also has anyone found an outside company that will monitor the self monitoring systems like the sc1200 that calls numbers programmed into it?  They really need to make a monitored version of the sc1200.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:43:52 AM by JMarsden92 »

no57

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Couple of Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 05:39:04 PM »

I have a situation at a clients location where the client can't actually tell if the unit is armed or not.  Has anyone figured a way out to wire an led to the panel so that it will be solid color when armed, and off when disarmed?  Client is using the new sc1200.  If you know of any other solutions that will work then i am open to suggestions.  Also has anyone found an outside company that will monitor the self monitoring systems like the sc1200 that calls numbers programmed into it?  They really need to make a monitored version of the sc1200.

When the SC1200 is armed, the LCD says "Armed Home" or "Armed Away".  I am not sure how the client can miss that. Unless you mean armed while he is outside?
  Also, if the unit is already armed, it will not ping if you arm a second time. But that cannot be heard from outside either.
  If you want visual confirmation, if you have configured a house and unit code, any light at that code will flash at arming. (or maybe it is the next higher house code, I have not fully tested that yet).
  Hope this helps?

JC

Waynemor

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 09:12:41 AM »

Hi,
When the SC1200 is armed it will flash the 2 housecodes assigned to it in a specific sequence.
If it is armed from the console for home it flashes the 2 housecodes for about 2 seconds.
If it is armed in away mode from the console it turns the two housecodes on for the length of the exit delay.
If it is armed from a remote it flashes the two housecodes for about 2 seconds.
I have one of  my housecodes set to my front porch light. This way we can see from the driveway whether it has set properly or not.
You can use an X10 appliance or light module to turn on any kind of light or other device wherever you want it to notify you about this.
Hope this helps

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 09:30:57 PM »

Hi,
When the SC1200 is armed it will flash the 2 housecodes assigned to it in a specific sequence.
If it is armed from the console for home it flashes the 2 housecodes for about 2 seconds.
If it is armed in away mode from the console it turns the two housecodes on for the length of the exit delay.
If it is armed from a remote it flashes the two housecodes for about 2 seconds.
I have one of  my housecodes set to my front porch light. This way we can see from the driveway whether it has set properly or not.
You can use an X10 appliance or light module to turn on any kind of light or other device wherever you want it to notify you about this.
Hope this helps

I agree with Waynemore if you set an outside light like a porch light he should easily be able to confirm the unit is armed.

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.