Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New to DS7000 have few questions - Solution to dialing with Vonage.  (Read 16250 times)

RCaddict

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • My Hobby Site

I just install DS700 system everything work fine except dialer does not dial 2 or 3 digits with Vonage (VOIP) phone line. If I enter phone number that has no digits 2 or 3 it dials perfectly all the time. Id this a defect with DS7000 dialler? ( I have already fallowed X10 advice by connecting DSL filter and asked vonage to reduce packetization to 10 but no change)

After I listened to home sounds by pressing 0 on my cell phone DS7000 does not disconnect the line blocking incoming calls. Is this normal?

Is there any way to assign zones to ArmHome and ArmAway functions?

Please help.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:06:47 AM by RCaddict »

RCaddict

• My Hobby Site
Re: New to DS7000 have few questions
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 12:57:14 AM »

Well, I could not wait any more. I found solutions for two of my problems.  #:)

1. I got a Google Voice number. They let me choose my number so I selected a number that has no 2 or 3 and forward that to my cell phone. Works perfectly now. Bonus - Google has voicemail and SMS messaging too so in addition to alarm call I get email and text message too. Can’t get any better. Oh I forgt, it is FREE....... :)%

2. If you press "*" before ending the call that signal Vonage router not to end the call till PS561 end the call. PS561 end the call in approximately 2min and then Vonage router hung up the line. Perfect.

Now third problem........I need to specify what zones are active in "Arm Home" and "Arm Away" modes...... Any ideas?  :)%
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:09:26 AM by RCaddict »

RCaddict

• My Hobby Site
Re: New to DS7000 have few questions
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 11:42:40 AM »

To all those who having trouble with Vonage, Vonage router display show what happening when dialer dials out. In my case it drops 2 & 3 digits. I think X10 does not generate correct tones precise enough for Vonage router to identify these tones or siren tone is interfering with those frequencies. I managed to use Google voice to avoid those digits and route the call to my cell phone. I have tested numerous times now and it never failed.  >!

rajeshhariharan

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: New to DS7000 have few questions - Solution to dialing with Vonage.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 08:34:23 PM »

ok I was ale to get the dailer to work with Vonage. Vonage refused change the packetization to 10 as mentioned by some people. But all I did was added a DSL filter in between the Vonage adapter and the ds7000 dialer. After setting up the numbers i had the kids trip the alarm while I watched the vonage adapter. I could see it dial my mobile number. There was a problem with dialing my wifes mobile since it has a 3. I chose a google voice number which did not have a 2 or a 3 and forwarded it to her mobile. Ca-hing!

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »

I'm having the same problemes...How are you able to determine which numbers aren't being dialed.

For that matter, how can I verify that the console is dialing out at all?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 06:23:41 PM »

Listen on an extension phone after the DS7000 seizes the line.

You should also be able to count the number of DTMF tones the DS7000 transmits and match that to the number of digets in your phone number. But it won't tell you the actual digets the tones represent.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 06:56:52 PM »

Listen on an extension phone after the DS7000 seizes the line.

You should also be able to count the number of DTMF tones the DS7000 transmits and match that to the number of digets in your phone number. But it won't tell you the actual digets the tones represent.

So how does the OP know that his console wasn't dialing 2 or 3's?  Just curious if he knows something we don't?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »

So how does the OP know that his console wasn't dialing 2 or 3's? 
He won't without a DTMF decoder. But if he counts seven tones, and his phone number is a seven diget local number, he at least knows the unit is not dropping or skipping numbers.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

montolia

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 06:57:52 PM »

OK. Now that makes sense. Thank you! Looks like it also doesn't dial "6" and sometimes doesn't dial "5"... So you need to get a number without a 2, 3, 5, or 6. Also, it sometimes dials 1's multiple times... so bests to avoid 1's as well.

FYI. I'm using Callcentric with this dialer + the Linksys SPA2102.

I just install DS700 system everything work fine except dialer does not dial 2 or 3 digits with Vonage (VOIP) phone line. If I enter phone number that has no digits 2 or 3 it dials perfectly all the time. Id this a defect with DS7000 dialler? ( I have already fallowed X10 advice by connecting DSL filter and asked vonage to reduce packetization to 10 but no change)

After I listened to home sounds by pressing 0 on my cell phone DS7000 does not disconnect the line blocking incoming calls. Is this normal?

Is there any way to assign zones to ArmHome and ArmAway functions?

Please help.

montolia

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 07:51:32 PM »

It also sometimes repeats 1's and 9's. Wow. How hard is it to dial a number?

So in summary: definitely avoid 2, 3, and 6
Try to avoid 1, 5, and 9

So that leaves you with: 4, 7, 8, 0.   B:(
Also annoying because all US numbers start with 1.
I created a google voice number and repeated it in all 4 memory banks. Hopefully one of the times it dials it will pick up the 1.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:58:42 PM by montolia »

Ljordan285

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 09:44:21 PM »

Could not get the DS7000 to work at all with my Vonage device even with differant phone numbers. Oddly enough however I was able to get it to work on my Magic jack every time. Go figure! >!

janbo

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 12:45:04 PM »

I use MagicJack with no problems. Have a notebook on 24/7 for AHP and SC1200 with MagicJack. No problems with it receiving or dialing. Now if the X10 server could stay up 24/7 I would be a happy camper. Just about every time I go to shown someone the app's in remote, it's down. Great timing.   

RCaddict

• My Hobby Site
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 08:05:25 AM »

I cant believe but this unit is still working fine for me. After solving initial issues unit function without any problem for last 2+ years. I am thinking of upgrading to SecuriLink console keeping my existing door and motion sensors.  :)%

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.