Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Floodcam problem  (Read 3242 times)

TopCat99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Floodcam problem
« on: March 12, 2011, 07:42:46 PM »

Hi all.  Long time X10 user here (and forum lurker).  I figured it was time I post--of course, to ask for help  :'

When X10 was doing the big sale a week or two ago, I bought a floodcam package.  I'd read up on the criticism and praise of the cam on the forums and figured, with the sale price, I might as well give it a go.  The cam does OK for what I wanted to do, although the IR filter mod is definitely on the to do list if I'm going to see anything but a point source of light at night.

Anyway, on to the problem.  The lights came on at dusk like a good little floodcam and went off about a minute later.  Then on a minute after that. Then off a minute later.  Then on...then off...you get the idea.  AHP shows it's receiving an On command followed by an Off every 60 to 75 seconds; AHP is not transmitting.  Having had temperamental motion lights in the past, I checked the aim of the bulbs, checked for "leaky" light hitting the IR sensor, looked for something reflective, etc etc.  I also tried a different house and unit code, although nothing should be interfering.  I tried the FloodCam Troubleshooting on X10's site.  Finally, I had the idea that maybe the bulbs themselves (somehow...) were confusing the day/night or motion sensor, so I unscrewed them.  With no bulbs or other light source or motion at all, it's still cycling on and off as reported by AHP about every minute.

Any ideas?  Did I get a defective one?  TIA!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.