Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LOW BATT on console will not go away after replacing battery  (Read 7329 times)

axgupta1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I ran into an issue while testing SC1200. For testing, I had just put in a semi-exhausted battery in the door/window sensor and configured it as ZONE 1. After about a day, I saw LOW BATT 1 and a flashing 1 in the top left corner of LCD display.

Since the documentation does not show any such error, I assumed that the battery in ZONE 1 had run out. I replaced the batteries with fresh ones but the LOW BATT 1 would not go away. I deleted the zone and re-added the sensor to zone 1 and the LOW BATT 1 went away but came back about 5 minute later when I went into menu to check some other setting. I had to delete/re-add again and not touch the console.

What is a good way to reset the LOW BATT indicator after battery replacement without deleting/re-adding a zone?

Thanks...

vlong

Re: LOW BATT on console will not go away after replacing battery
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:20:10 PM »

I ran into an issue while testing SC1200. For testing, I had just put in a semi-exhausted battery in the door/window sensor and configured it as ZONE 1. After about a day, I saw LOW BATT 1 and a flashing 1 in the top left corner of LCD display.

Since the documentation does not show any such error, I assumed that the battery in ZONE 1 had run out. I replaced the batteries with fresh ones but the LOW BATT 1 would not go away. I deleted the zone and re-added the sensor to zone 1 and the LOW BATT 1 went away but came back about 5 minute later when I went into menu to check some other setting. I had to delete/re-add again and not touch the console.

What is a good way to reset the LOW BATT indicator after battery replacement without deleting/re-adding a zone?

Thanks...

I had the same problem awhile back just battery did not help I have to replace the new sensor some how the new SC1200 console did not work as good as the old console never have problem.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 12:32:26 PM »

Have you tried removing the sensor from the console?
Then removing the batteries from the sensor. Long enough so it had to have a new ID generated.
Then reinstalling it back to Zone 1.

vlong

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 01:05:39 PM »

Have you tried removing the sensor from the console?
Then removing the batteries from the sensor. Long enough so it had to have a new ID generated.
Then reinstalling it back to Zone 1.

back to my old day i did reset the console re-register all sensors still have the same problem but after replace new sonsor it fixed the problem i just have no idea what is wrong.

axgupta1

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:10:26 PM »

I tried a different sensor and the problem has not re-appeared for last 2 days. It could be that one particular sensor was bad.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 06:44:59 AM »

Has anyone ever actually tried forcing a new ID in the problem sensor and reregistering it before changing the sensor and saying "Wow it is fixed"?

axgupta1

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 07:58:25 PM »

Has anyone ever actually tried forcing a new ID in the problem sensor and reregistering it before changing the sensor and saying "Wow it is fixed"?

Can you please post some steps to do that? I am not that experienced with the system yet. I am still in the testing phase so I can test anything.

Thanks...

phongluu

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 08:41:08 PM »

Brian, I tried that and it last for another 3 days max with DS10A. I don't have DS12A to try out.
What I also notice is: low batt on SC12A happen as same as on AHP showing.

@axgupta1: press & hold the test button until it blinks 3-4 times, remove batt while still hold down the test button, reinstall process.

axgupta1

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 09:54:49 PM »

@phongluu: I have done as you said. I will post back in a day or two whether the problem shows up or not.

axgupta1

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 09:52:38 PM »

The problem did not show up on the DS10 which originally had the problem. However, I configured a third DS10 and it showed the problem within hours. I followed the procedure to reinstall it with a new ID but it still had the problem. I have removed the battery and will test after 2-3 days. This is not a very good system.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 06:22:18 AM »

Thank you for your continuing tests and findings reports.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.