Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: my project  (Read 32447 times)

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
my project
« on: March 17, 2011, 10:41:20 PM »

I started my project looking into controlling my entry way lights and found x10 after reading a few posts form Dave_x10_L  Tuciemen and Wgjohns,Biggjohn944  I found far more uses for x10 and was hooked I now have a huge set up that I am still working out a few minor bugs but mostly working very well

my set up currently runs

Hardware:
Cm15a
30 ds10a's
6 lamp modules
10 appliance modules,
3 xpfm's
2 xpdf
21 ws12a
7 ws13a

Software

AHP
onalet
my garage pro
smartmacros
active phone
my house online
Iwatchout
Iwatchmobile pro
PCcompanion
Bluewatch
testing the trial of BVC and working on implementing Dave_x10-L's baby monitor microphone modification (Still working on bugs.)
stilll working on camera set up (not quite sure where to go with that, due to hardwired CCTV already installed, but looking to fill some blind spots

Hope to post videos soon just a few more bugs to work out

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: my project
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 10:48:19 PM »

Very cool! And a nice sized setup too!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

kenrad

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 10:24:13 PM »

thanks Dave.  Does anyone know if there is a post on knight riders audio setup I am looking into using a mixer to control my microphones for BVC and I know that I saw his set up here somewhere in the forum but of course not that I'm looking to start the set up I can find it anywhere.  I was concerned on how he set up the mics so that there is only one mic being hear at a time as to not confuse BVC.  Dave I know you trigger your baby monitor set up with appliance moduels and the follow me commands, and I was looking at doing the same thing for my mics, due to the size of my home I am looking at pullling wire and putting in a hardwired system as I lose the siginal from the baby monitor set up due to the fact that the house is over 5000 sq ft and 3 stories.  If any one knows where to find his setup please let me know..

Thanks Kenrad

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 07:18:19 AM »

You may want to use our search function.
You can use a few keywords and even chose the optional users posted by knightrider

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 05:43:42 PM »

You may want to use our search function.
You can use a few keywords and even chose the optional users posted by knightrider

As long as I posted it on this forum and not the WGJohns.com forum or one of those other forums I frequent.  I know I posted it here or there  somewhere, but the powerhouse of my system is an alesis gate/compressor which works kinda like a vox function.  You have to speak above the din for the computer to hear you.

Not all microphones are equal and you should research pic up patterns and plan placement before you buy.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 06:07:21 PM »

As long as I posted it on this forum and not the WGJohns.com forum or one of those other forums I frequent. 

I've been looking for a full description of your setup as well. I can't find much more than what you just post [here]. I think you may have one of the most sophisticated and AWESOME microphone and speaker systems to be found anywhere. It would be nice if you documented it just a tad better.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:34:25 PM by Dave_x10_L »

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 06:35:51 PM »

Well Dave,

I'm looking at a slow week next week, and I really want to get some videos posted to the net (you know, my side project?), but as soon as I start making those kinda promises, a real project (work) will consume me.  I know the mic setup needs to be shown, and I'd also like to post a how-to on the cheap motion sensor to powerflash thing.  As I type this, I'm skipping a very important meeting as I'm a tired old man, and the weather is starting to look nice (farming) and I broke the rear tie-rod on my brother's trencher (still in the field) which has to be fixed.

I'm not sure what more I can say on the wired mics that I already haven't, but will gladly entertain questions from the forum. 

A pic is worth 1000 words and a video is better than reading the pics.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 08:43:08 PM »

Well Dave,
........ I'd also like to post a how-to on the cheap motion sensor to powerflash thing. 

Yes... the motion sensor mod would also be a great addition to the HA community (as many of your other inventions/creations have been). You have so much to offer... it makes perfect sense that your so busy.. as well. I know my automation setup has been greatly improved because of your insightful ideas.

I REALLY didn't mean to sound pushy or like I was making demands on your time. Your a valuable resource.

kenrad

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 08:16:13 PM »

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)

my project
« on: March 17, 2011, 06:41:20 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
I started my project looking into controlling my entry way lights and found x10 after reading a few posts form Dave_x10_L  Tuciemen and Wgjohns,Biggjohn944  I found far more uses for x10 and was hooked I now have a huge set up that I am still working out a few minor bugs but mostly working very well

my set up currently runs

Hardware:
Cm15a
30 ds10a's
6 lamp modules
10 appliance modules,
3 xpfm's
2 xpdf
21 ws12a
7 ws13a

Software

AHP
onalet
my garage pro
smartmacros
active phone
my house online
Iwatchout
Iwatchmobile pro
PCcompanion
Bluewatch
testing the trial of BVC and working on implementing Dave_x10-L's baby monitor microphone modification (Still working on bugs.)
stilll working on camera set up (not quite sure where to go with that, due to hardwired CCTV already installed, but looking to fill some blind spots

The project has continued. 

I recently added a garage to my house and of course it needed automation.  I added 8 more ws13a's for  another xpfm for the power roof vents.  I incorporated Dave_x10_L's macros for garage anouncement and notification.  I added 8 ninja bases and a video multiplexer to my camera setup (which fixed my blind spot issues mentioned before.  I have Added the full version of BVC which works great in my garage running on and older xp machine.  I also am running pcc with all the plugins this is used to control ceiling fans based on temperature, warn of severe weather, and activate the power vents in the garage based on temperature.  I have also taken some ideas from Knightriders sound set up and included a audio mixer into my setup that runs 12 cartoid microphones to control bvc.  I am still having issues with bvc and my main ha pc as it runs win 7 and they seem to fight over commands.  I am looking into Ihouse as a solution to this as it seems to work very well with win 7. I use bluewatch for occupancy sensing in my garage and hard wired a bluetooth transmitter into both of my vehicles so that it automatically open the garage doors as I aproach.  I added Mellowares x10 commander to the mix and this runs on my android phone as a remote.  I also have been playing with mellowares intelliremote but haven't quite got that one figured out yet.  I use a set of power mids to control add of my a/v equipment in the livingroom right now it is controlled x10 commander but hopefully soon ihouse will allow me to use voice in the house more reliably.  now on to the power house of my system I added MY servant software and it has really increased the automation experience for hte whole family.  I mounted 12" touch screens in the walls and used asus eeeboxes to network them (VincentB idea)  and Also I have a large 32 "tv in the kitchen that displays family info and allow for touchscreen control of the entire house

Thanks to Tuicemen (he has been the best advisor anyone could ask for with all the software issues and setup) Kightrider, DAve_x10_L, Melloware, and VincentB ( also a huge help in getting this all up and running .  Thanks to all of you  for your support and help.  None of this could have been done with out you guys.  Thank you for keeping up the good fight.

>! KenRad

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 12:42:57 AM »

thanks Dave.  Does anyone know if there is a post on knight riders audio setup I am looking into using a mixer to control my microphones for BVC and I know that I saw his set up here somewhere in the forum but of course not that I'm looking to start the set up I can find it anywhere.  I was concerned on how he set up the mics so that there is only one mic being hear at a time as to not confuse BVC.  Dave I know you trigger your baby monitor set up with appliance moduels and the follow me commands, and I was looking at doing the same thing for my mics, due to the size of my home I am looking at pullling wire and putting in a hardwired system as I lose the siginal from the baby monitor set up due to the fact that the house is over 5000 sq ft and 3 stories.  If any one knows where to find his setup please let me know..

Thanks Kenrad
Kenrad,
The best microphone mixers for this type of setup IMHO are the Shure SCM series mixers.  These include the SCM-410 and the SCM-810 which are 4 and 8 channel mixers.  They are not only gated mixers, but they have a port on the back for controlling microphone muting, override, and a gate output that you can connect to your HA system.  There is a great webpage out there from a guy named Jim Lipsit that explains in GREAT detail about how to set things up for this type of mixer.  Click here to see his site.  The SCM-810 mixers sell new on ebay for between $1200 and $1500, but I picked up a fully functional used one on an auction for $150 + $20 shipping, so deals on them can be found.  I am still in the process of acquiring and building to this, but I have a good start.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 06:28:56 PM »

Nice setup!
 :-[ Thanks for the High praise!
Most of us enjoy helping others with HA issues as much as playing with our own HA Projects.
Some times a question will lead me to thinking about other software adds to try Programing.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

kenrad

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 12:30:15 PM »

Ok here are some new adds to the project.  Added I house as my main control because of windows 7 and voice control.  I have also incorporated an android app that was suggested by Tuicemen, Pocket audio microphone it allows me to talk  to any of my ha computers from any android device using wifi.  I am installing multiple tablet pc's to use as microphones to control my ha system.  also using x10 commander I can control all of my devices using touch screen.  I have added to more stereo tuners to my set up as is allows me to increase the x10 controlled sound system through out the house (big house over 5000 sqft)  I then turned HA Dave's baby monitor design into an actual baby monitor that plays through the house sound system (not more carrying it with me.  I also added I ninja mount camera to the nursery/ game room so that I can check on the baby.  I have the video networked through the house to all of my televisions as well as the computers  By macros in Ihouse I can use voice commands "Masterbedroom show baby" or Livingroom show baby" and it will turn on the tv and show me the video coverage of the nursery.  Also have same function for all other security cameras.  added powerflashes to the garage doors and macros to notify of status via voice.  Looking to add a similar feature to the house doors soon but more brainstorming needed (looking for a way to connect a powerflash to the deadblots to check if they are locked of not.   

It continues to grow.  Im pretty sure that automaton is close to heroin on the addiction factor.

>!Kenrad

kenrad

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 12:41:26 PM »

I almost for got I need to add ITguy to my extinguished list of advisor's as he has helped extensively with the Ihouse setup and macro designs in Ihouse

>!Kenrad

kenrad

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 08:17:30 PM »

The project has continued thanks to Tuicemen's great programming once again.  He is in the beta testing for the new blue watch that will see android devices as well as other network devices.  With this is has added a huge amount of reliability to my occupancy sensing. this also has allowed me to have x10 run lighting scenes when my digital media players are connected.  So now when I activate a movie in a selected room it can dim the lights and cancel the house audio to those rooms. Also the new upgrades  to his PCC are adding features to grow(Still in the works)  The new version of his wifi bluewatch also has allowed me to write macros that are triggered when I arrive home or leave such as garage door control and exterior lighting.  this is a great addition and a huge energy saver as it eliminates alot of my lighting timers. 

>!KEnrad

kenrad

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 10:43:29 PM »

Ok the home automation project continues of course   rofl  I added some modifications to some of my bluetooth dongles with thin cardboard and aluminum foil to reduce the range of them but I have 6 PCs now running bluewatch(BT) with Tuicemens new update to them he wifi and bluetooth versions can run at the same time.  This allowed me to set each client PC to trigger different Ihouse macros when signal is detected and triggers different lighting effects or scenes.  I can pretty much get my Ha lighting to follow me around the house turning on and off lights.  Also with Ihouse getting a web interface  and  :)% Tuicemen writing his new Android APP TAC   :)% it has added the ability for my HA system to announce the caller Id from my cell phone as well as notify me when there is an incoming SMS message. I can now access any or the user created commands from PCC with my android device.  Including IR features that control all of the TV's and other devices in the house.  Also with the incorporation of Bluewatch WIFI and the addition of WIFI streaming media players my HA set up can detect when a video player connects to the network and can activate macros to control lighting scenes.  I also started to replace my x10 switches with the insteon x10 compatible ones (a little more pricey but well worth it) the new switches allow for local status changes on the network so my HA system knows when the lights are on in real time even if changed locally.  also this allows for me to add macros for voice notification after a set time if the kids leave the lights on. as well as the ability to control macros from a local switch change. I also added blue iris and bi command to the list of software and a few more powerflashes and IR beams that allow me to control recording and PTZ from my cameras when a beam is triggered in a specific area (found these to be far more reliable then motion sensors (with the exception of the neighbors dog)  rofl  for cameras I finally pitched the x10 cams because of poor video quality and issues with the range for RF on the ninja bases.  I added 5 foscams and with the PTZ features they replaced 8 x10 cams.  With blue Iris it also allows me to record video based on motion. 

>! Ken
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.