Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: my project  (Read 32441 times)

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: my project
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 01:10:44 PM »

Ok moving on with my project,  I know it has been a long time since I updated this so Alot has changed.  With the new development of Ihouse I have added zwave to my setup.  this adds alot of functionality, just by the simple fact that they report local changes from the switch.  I now have also added 3 zwave thermostats.  This can be controlled by Ihouse via timers and voice,  also based on occupancy sensing with TUicemens Bluewatch and TAC. 

The major addition to my setup has been in the area of occupancy sensing.  I have added microsoft kinects to my setup with controller built by mike at nitrogen logic.  You can check them out @ www.nitrogenlogic.com.

Now not only does my house know when I'm home, but it also knows where I am and can trigger lights based on my location and lighting levels in the room.  I'll never need to tough a light switch again   rofl 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 11:44:14 PM »

............... The major addition to my setup has been in the area of occupancy sensing.  I have added microsoft kinects to my setup with controller built by mike at nitrogen logic.  You can check them out @ www.nitrogenlogic.com.

Now not only does my house know when I'm home, but it also knows where I am and can trigger lights based on my location and lighting levels in the room.  I'll never need to tough a light switch again   rofl 

AWESOME!!! Would really like to learn more about the kinects setup I think sounds great.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 08:33:57 AM »

Do you have a Kinect in each room?
Kinda neat that it speaks DMX.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:44:08 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 04:07:41 PM »

Not yet I don't but it will be like that eventually   ;D 

The kinect stuff is pretty cool.  I don't know if AHP accepts commandline arguments,  but I use ihouse and Tuicemens programs that do.  Nitrogen logic created a small program at my request that sends command through the command line  and Ihouse and PCC can act on them and send x10 and zwave commands as well as other events.  Right now I have one setup in my bedroom, and office,  When I sit at my desk it assess the light level  and then triggers the light if it is not bright enough in the room, then it measures the surface area in the room so that when others enter or exit it knows that the room is still occupied so that it doesn't turn off the light until everyone has left the room.  With PCC I am also working on triggering email and Agenda events based on location.  for instance when I sit at my desk it will check my email and when I trigger a zone infront of my closet in the bedroom it tells me the weather and my agenda for the day. 

I keep playing and coming up with new ways to integrate this in to my system.

I don't know much about DMX so that part looses me but it is definitely a powerful addition to x10 and zwave.

>!  Ken

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 04:28:50 PM »

I don't know much about DMX so that part looses me but it is definitely a powerful addition to x10 and zwave.
It is a standard for lighting control (high speed for theater, concerts, TV studio, etc). I always wanted to do a dancing lights Christmas display with DMX but it too expensive unless you can find it surplus.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.