Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SC1200 & Power Horns  (Read 5093 times)

sfcubster

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SC1200 & Power Horns
« on: March 19, 2011, 12:18:03 AM »

I am installing a SC1200 Security System.  I have plugged 4 PowerHorns in various locations throughout my house; including one in the same room as the SC1200.  When the alarm/panic is triggered, the SC1200 makes noise but the PowerHorns do not.  The SC1200 and the PowerHorns have the same house code.  I have tried the PowerHorns with unit codes of 1 and 16.  I have tried to test the PowerHorns by pressing 16 and “ON” on the console.  While the PowerHorn was set to 1 I turned on the "lights" associated with unit code 1.  Thus far, nothing seems to work.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SC1200 & Power Horns
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 06:18:14 AM »

With the SC1200A Console the Powerhorn has to be set to the same address as one of the Light Codes.
Can you give us a few more details on the Powerhorns as we are seeing other reports of Powehorn problems.
I have documented a few myself.

What model Powerhorn?
PH508A/PSH01 Large Powerhorn or SH10A/PSH02 Small Powerhorn.
Date Code on the Powerhorn. Should be on a small white sticker on the back. Two numbers then a capitol letter and two more numbers.

To test the PowerHorn. Set it to the same House Code as the SC1200A is set to and set the unit code to one of the two light code numbers.
On your keypad. Push the number key the Powerhorns unit code is. Then the On. Then the number key and an Off. This cycle of on and off commands should trigger it. A Powerhorn only triggers on a steady stream of On Off commands. It can not be sounded by a single On command.

I use B1 for mine. So on my keypad I would push 1 On, then 1 Off alternately. Usually takes two to four cycles to start them.

sfcubster

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 11:16:04 PM »

The date code is PH508.

After testing with the power horn set to 1, and turning it on and off 5 times, it finally worked.  However, it does not work when the panic button is pressed or when the alarm goes off.  Any suggestions?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 06:10:50 AM »

PH508 is the model number.
Date Code would be a small round white sticker. Usually on the back. Two numbers; then a capitol letter; then two more numbers.
Like one of mine is a 10L52.
If you can find the date code it would be a help in my research.

Since the manual on off cycles did trigger your PH508. We know it can be triggered and the X10 power line signals are getting to it.
I will see if a solution can be found for you.

sfcubster

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 12:09:31 PM »

Ok, the date doce is 10L.52.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:44:03 PM »

OK I also have a 10L52.
On the Powerhorn. You may want to rotate the House Code and Unit Code dials around a few times on the chance one is not making good contact.
Make sure the House Code set in the SC1200 and on the PH508 is the same.
Then make sure the Unit Code on the PH508 matches the one of Light Codes set in the console. The second light code is one unit code above the one set in the console.

Try the PH508 in a few different locations in the house. You may have power line signal problems to where it is located.
You, as a test, may want to connect the PH508 to the same outlet. Then remotely panic trigger the SC1200 and see if it then sounds.
I recommend remotely so you are not to close to the PH508 if it sounds.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.