Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: x10net.dll is not a valid win32 application  (Read 4758 times)

Rodent

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
x10net.dll is not a valid win32 application
« on: March 23, 2011, 11:51:22 AM »

Hello,
Is there not a simple fix for AHP.
I went to update my CM15A module and got am x10net interface error. I looked for some solutions and after downloading the latest version I started getting MSVCR100.dll missing. To make a long story short I've tried pretty well every solution I could find on this form and now getting the not valid win32 app. I can't figure how to solve this one.
I'm not a programmer but figured there should be a simple fix for an application. I'm running window 7.

Can anyone offer any other suggestion other than thowing away all this X10 crap. Why is it so difficult to set up, and run?
No my idea of a great product.

Thanks for any help....

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: x10net.dll is not a valid win32 application
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »

You may want to look at this thread.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=v17shhb089otuhb389075be3m4&topic=22694.0

Seems some Windows7 systems have the missing MSVCR100.dll in a different subdirectory and copying to where it is expected may fix the problem.

Rodent

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:30:32 PM »

Hi, I've done all that
My first problem was the X10net interface problem.
So I did all the unistall etc and then got MSVCR100/dll not found.   Tried the windows fix recommended, that did not work. I found it in the sysWOW64 file and not in system32 file like others did.
So I copied the MSVCR100.dll file from c:\windows\sysWOW64 and I copyied it to c:\windows\system32.

Did reinstall and now I'm getting the not valid error.

I dont' think I've ever had this much trouble installing and app.  B:(

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 03:38:29 PM »

I am not a Win7 user, BUT in my experience with windows, Msoft uses "file protection" to keep unwanted changes to system critical files by prohibiting files being added/deleted/modified to windows directory, including /system /system32, etc.
You might want to check event viewer to see if there is an entry stating the "windows file protection prohibited....." to see if your file copy operation was reversed without you knowing it.

Rodent

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 09:11:17 PM »

I checked and they are both there. Usually Msoft indicates it needs admin rights to move or something like that, and since this is my PC and only user I have all rights required.
I did check event view however I could not find what I was looking for. B:(

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:27:42 PM by Rodent »

Rodent

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 03:06:12 PM »

B:(  Ok I've tried everything I know how to do.
Product won't uninstall or re-install.
The application was working fine all last year and now it seems to be corrupted.

Totally disappointed in the product. Definetly not user friendly. Deleted everything I could find related to the application.

Thanks anyway >*<

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »

Take a look in "C:\Users\All Users\X10 Settings"

Try deleting or renaming the "x10active.xml"  file in that folder, then restarting the application.
If you already deleted it, try downloading the newest installer (the FULL install of AHP, not the auto-updater) from here:
http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehomepro/setup_AHP.exe

Right-click on the installer, and choose "Run as Administrator."
That should give it whatever permissions are needed to install into the appropriate folders.
If you can get the installer to complete, then try opening up AHP. If it prompts that you need elevated rights, click "Yes." Windows 7's UAC causes this prompt every time I open the program.

That might work (no promises).

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:05:10 PM by Noam »

ErikP

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 07:48:35 PM »

Hi, I've done all that
My first problem was the X10net interface problem.
So I did all the unistall etc and then got MSVCR100/dll not found.   Tried the windows fix recommended, that did not work. I found it in the sysWOW64 file and not in system32 file like others did.
So I copied the MSVCR100.dll file from c:\windows\sysWOW64 and I copyied it to c:\windows\system32.

Did reinstall and now I'm getting the not valid error.

This is because you copied msvcr100.dll from c:\windows\sysWOW64.  Basically, you are running a 64 bit operating system (c:\windows\sysWOW64 only exists in 64 bit installs of windows), but ActiveHome PRO is a 32 bit program.  Windows has some built in magic to handle this conversion, but it involves having 2 copies of most system components.  The 32 bit ones live in c:\windows\system32, the 64bit ones live in c:\windows\sysWOW64.  They are NOT THE SAME, even though the files are named the same, are sometimes the same size, same version, and there is almost no way to tell the difference between them.  Right now every time you try to run a 32 bit program that requires msvcr100.dll it will try to reference the 64bit version of the dll you copied over.  It says it is not a valid win 32 app because the program identifies itself to windows as a 32 bit app (because it is one), but then through linking to the wrong file starts making 64 bit system calls which is invalid for a win 32 application.

The AHP installer does install the correct version of this file normally, but it sounds like some kind of error is preventing it in your case.  You can also download installers from microsoft to create these files.  I can't post the URL because of security restrictions but if you Google for "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package" you should find it easily.  For X10 products you only need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) version.  Installing the x64 version won't hurt anything though.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.