Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with Macro and Timer  (Read 9592 times)

sazzam

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help with Macro and Timer
« on: March 24, 2011, 01:12:37 PM »

I have the following scenario that I would like to build as a macro and store it in the interface and not run from PC:

Condition: Every day between 7:00 Pm and 7:00 AM
              If there is a motion detected by Motion Sensor MS10A
              2 Decorator Dimmer Switch (WS12A) will turn light on @ 50% dimmed
              and turn off the lights after 10 minutes

Is it possible for these WS12A switches to operate normally and override the macro anytime?

What if the WS12A was in the OFF position, will the macro force the light to be turned ON?

gus gaglio

Re: Help with Macro and Timer
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:55:35 AM »

The short answer is "YES". Locally you can do whatever you wish with the switches.
However, when and if "motion" is sensed then the macro will will run and force the
light on at 50%, and then turn off.
That is what you programmed it to do.....

eli7gvictory

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 12:50:27 PM »

i have a garage door with opener that i have a UM connected to it so that i can open/close the gargage with AH.

The Garage has a window/door sensor that tells me if the garage is closed.

I have been trying to use the smart macro feature to automatically close the garage after 10:00 pm if the garage is left open to no avail.  B:(  The macro will not activate. If i click on it manually it works.

I don't know what i am doing wrong?

I have the trigger using the door/window sensor set to delayed sensor.
Condition = if garage door is open.

Time paramaters = 10:00 pm - 11:55 pm

Any Help?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 12:57:18 PM »

i have a garage door with opener that i have a UM connected to it so that i can open/close the gargage with AH.

The Garage has a window/door sensor that tells me if the garage is closed.

I have been trying to use the smart macro feature to automatically close the garage after 10:00 pm if the garage is left open to no avail.  B:(  The macro will not activate. If i click on it manually it works.

I don't know what i am doing wrong?

I have the trigger using the door/window sensor set to delayed sensor.
Condition = if garage door is open.

Time paramaters = 10:00 pm - 11:55 pm

Any Help?

If I understand correctly, you set the trigger address of the macro to the address of the sensor.
If the sensor detects the door is opened, then it is supposed to trigger the macro to close the door, right?

Triggering macros from anything other than a timer or a direct command (like a remote or a wired controller) can be tricky sometimes. For example, you usually can't directly call one macro from another.

You can try using the "dummy module" trick.
Create a "dummy" appliance module, set to the same address as the macro and the sensor.
The sensor should be triggering that module, and the CM15A will also run the macro at the same time.
Let us know how that goes.

eli7gvictory

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 03:24:03 PM »

the sensor has no address? Also AH has under the conditions options, Sensor State. I have also tried using this to trigger my garage door to close. When i select this condition it automatically sees the garage door sensor.

????

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 03:29:30 PM »

Door and Window Sensor?
Is it one of the security DS10A or new DS12A models?
Do you have the On_Alert Plug in?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 03:35:54 PM »

the sensor has no address? Also AH has under the conditions options, Sensor State. I have also tried using this to trigger my garage door to close. When i select this condition it automatically sees the garage door sensor.

????
There is a difference between the conditions in the macro, and the trigger.
The trigger is what actually kicks off the macro to start it running. The conditions only tell it if it should continue and execute the commands, or just quit.
You need to make sure you are triggering the macro with either the sensor, a timer, or a remote.
Macros can't just trigger by themselves.

eli7gvictory

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 03:50:46 PM »

I am following you completely.

When i am in macro designer, there are two options for using triggers, an address trigger or theres a button that says use security. I click on this button and i get my sensor, then there are three options in a pull down menu that appear,  1. delayed sensor triggered 2. sensor triggered 3. sensor closed.
I have tried using both delayed and sensor triggered to get the door to close automatically. Its almost like there should be an option for sensor open in this pull down menu?

My question would be then.

How do i then, if the garage is left open at night, close the garage automatically.
Using the sensor as the trigger. If the sensor is open between 10 pm and 12pm then it triggers my UM to close the garage.

FYI,

I have successfully used the sensor as a trigger to open the garage automatically if the sensor is closed. (This is hilarious cause when I do this, anytime i close the garage it will reopen, immediately after i closed it.)

However it does not work using (sensor triggered) or (Delayed sensor triggered) to close the garage. hmmm?

Any ideas?

thanks for helping me  :)

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 05:06:32 PM »

I'm sorry. I don't have the security plug-ins, so I wasn't aware that you could trigger the macro directly from the sensor that way.
Hopefully someone here has the same components you do, and can give you a few pointers.

eli7gvictory

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »

aaaah, Ok, i thought i was going crazy. lol

thanks,

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 06:16:23 PM »

Wouldn't the sensor have to be "monitored", but AHP can't monitor sensors can it, only house codes? So you would have to set a flag from the sensor action, (or a phantom module on the monitored house code) then use the "set" flag (on phantom module address) in a time conditional.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.