Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Wireless motion sensors  (Read 42212 times)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: Wireless motion sensors
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 11:13:42 AM »

I remember playing with a posted set of motion control macros earlier this year.  I have gone back through to find them, but can't seem to locate them.   B:(

As I recall, there were 3 macros for general use and an extra one for testing purposes.  That's probably not enough detailed info, but can anyone remember this post and provide a link?   :angel:

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2011, 04:11:18 PM »

Ahhhh, I may have a resolution to some degree...at least as for why the motion sensor doesn't work reliably.  I found that the motion sensor requires the resistance of a light bulb in order to turn on the switched 120vac leg (actually, it fooled me and cost me my first power flash module, but that's another story  :').  I decided the best bet was to install the smallest wattage light bulb I could find inside the garage and use it as an indicator that motion was sensed.  I found a 7.5 watt bulb and things looked like they worked ok.  As it turns out, that motion sensor requires a minimum of a 40 watt resistive load for things to work correctly.  I'll have to give that a try and see what, if anything, is improved by installing the correct bulb.  I don't know why that's not in the spec for the unit.  Seems simple enough to publish the range of bulbs that work (40-500watt) and don't work (inductive bulbs like CFL and LED).

LOL... do I hear "Le Poof"?  rofl rofl  Been there, done that too!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2011, 05:08:06 PM »

I thought it was more of a "Le ZAP", but yeah.   ;D

pomonabill221

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2011, 05:29:21 PM »

I thought it was more of a "Le ZAP", but yeah.   ;D
Well... THAT too! oops! rofl
  Was it spectacular as well?

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2011, 06:29:29 PM »

There was a small light show, but no smoke.  Doesn't that mean it should still work? 

I mean, ALL electronics work on smoke.  Once you let it out, they don't work any more.  Since the smoke didn't make it out, then everything should be fine, right?   :'

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2011, 06:34:29 PM »

Oh, I think I figured out that I'm making the chime delay too complicated.  B:(

I know I've read Puck's post in the past, but it just struck me that I'm trying to do this exact same procedure.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=14775.0

I just need to turn on the dummy chime module as well as a dummy light module every time motion is sensed.  Each of those modules will have their own triggered macros that run but don't need to know about each other.  The chime will only fire if the delayed chime macro isn't running (based on a flag).  The lighting macro will work very similarly to what I'm currently using, but will use a delay instead of a received off command to turn off the lights.  I think I can get each of those working now based on other examples already posted.  It should be trivial getting these both to work now that I realize I can separate their logic.  I was thinking I needed a macro tree that would be 12+ long!  WAY too much logic for simple little AHP + Smart Macros.   >!

pomonabill221

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2011, 09:17:03 PM »

They will not run simultaneously because the CM15 sends PLC commands serially, but the delay will be very short between commands, and should not really be noticed.
  Dont' know if one macro would have to complete before the other one starts (probably), but they should happen pretty fast if so!
  Yeah... magic smoke is a MUST for electronics to work!  Should still work ok!  Give it a try... bet it does!  (yeah RIGHT!!!)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2011, 09:34:52 PM »

Hey, you were right.  It did work!  It hums along just fine now.   rofl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.