Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Timers and Smart Macros  (Read 8707 times)

tonkin2x

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Timers and Smart Macros
« on: April 03, 2011, 10:34:28 AM »

Obviously I'm doing something wrong.. but here's the situation.
I have a Timer (on A2) that consistently triggers A2 at the designated time(s), and I have a Smart Macro
that includes A2 that never triggers.
I would assume (no comments here :) ) that the Timer in the CM15 uses the same "code" as the S/M to
trigger A2.  But if that's the case, then why won't A2 fire using S/M's, and the Timers do fire A2.
The remainder (A1, A3, etc.) of the modules embedded within this particular S/M DO fire/trigger using the same S/M.. but NOT the A2 module.
I've tried changing the "order" of the modules within this particular S/M, and it still would not trigger.
Any help would be appreciated.

TJ

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Timers and Smart Macros
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 11:53:34 AM »

Very few here have a working crystal ball!
If you post your macro and how your triggering it, someone may spot the issue.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tonkin2x

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 03:55:42 PM »

Sorry 'bout that..
----------------------------
Motion Sensor CM11 on A6 triggers Macro
Delay 15 seconds
A1 ON
Delay 03 seconds
A3 ON
Delay 03 seconds
A4 On
Delay 3 seconds
A5 ON
Delay 5 seconds
A2 ON  < --------------- does NOT trigger with Macro, but DOES trigger with Timer
A7 ON
Delay 3 seconds
A8 ON
---------------------
TJ

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 04:25:03 PM »

Could you double check the motion sensor model number? CM11 is the older serial controller.

If the motion sensor has the dusk dawn feature. I can see one thing. That could bite you at sometime.
The A6 motion address would use A7 as the dusk dawn address. You could get an A7 On at dusk and A7 Off at dawn.

tonkin2x

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »

Yep.  Made a typo in the above.
I'm using a MS13a to trigger, and the MS13a is set to send A6 when motion is detected.
When motion is detected, it does send an A6 to my CM15a controller, which in turn triggers the above Macro.
All modules (see above) are working as expected when the Macro is triggered.. except module A2.  Which DOES work/trigger every time if I use the Timer in the CM15a.
And the Comm Log shows an A2 has been sent to the module.  And, the Comm Log shows the same data (module info) is being sent for A2 regardless of Timer or Macro.

So if Smart Macros use the same module information (type/model, etc.) as the Timers, why won't A2 trigger via the Smart Macro?

Forgot to mention.  I'm using version 3.310 AHP f/w.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 06:36:43 PM »

All modules (see above) are working as expected when the Macro is triggered.. except module A2.  Which DOES work/trigger every time if I use the Timer in the CM15a.
Is it possible you have a noise source on the A2 circuit that isn't on when your timer fires, but is on at other times?

Try re-addressing one of the modules that is working reliably as A2 and re-address the old A2 as the other module. Does the problem move or stay in the original location?  Or if A2 is a lamp module, plug it in same outlet as CM15A, does it now work?

Is this a new set-up. If so have digested all the information on "noise", "phase coupling", "signal suckers"?

If not: http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Finally, although probably not causing your problem, ensure you have properly identified your Lamp Modules and Wall Switches as "Soft Start" modules or non soft start. Soft Start modules "dim up" when turned on. Usually taking more than one second. Non Soft Start come on instantly.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

tonkin2x

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 06:48:47 PM »

Not certain about the "timed noise", but I'll give it some thought.
As to swapping modules and/or recepticles.. think I tried that, but I'll do it again (and write it down).
Actually, as a retired Engineer, I know I did write it down.  But... as "retired", I'm trying to remember where  :)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 09:03:30 PM »

What type of module is A2, and how is it defined in AHP?

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 11:43:19 PM »

Just a suggestion, delete your current macro and remove it from the trash bin in AHP, save the changes and download the timers and macros to the CM15a.  Shut down AHP and restart it, then recreate the macro for the motion sensor A6 but only turn on module A2 - nothing else - and save the changes and download the timers and macros again.  Does it work now??  If not, move A2 to a different wall socket and try again.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 08:59:19 AM »

....I know I did write it down.  But... as "retired", I'm trying to remember where  :)
Yeah, "Am there, doing that".
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.