Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with set up and video reception  (Read 7186 times)

jhaskins75

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problem with set up and video reception
« on: March 30, 2011, 12:58:46 AM »

B:( I installed the camera and all related software / hardware and the unit and house codes match throughout the system, but i get in the video a floating line problem weather I use the center image or the pan / tilt feature for scanning area. I THINK, my receiver is to far from the camera, as I have to reposition it to get an image. I live in an apartment building, which is commercial with a large electrical distribution system and it says to place the transceiver as far away from your computer as possible, which I have. Can I get a better image if I were to move the transceiver near to the camera? To do this, I must use extended RCA jack connected cables. I can build such a cable, say 50 feet or more, but what type of cable should I use for that length? When I did the initial set up, everything was in close proximity, but now when I use the hand held remote to turn and tilt the camera from the installed position, it does not work 100%, but it works perfectly when I am near the camera. I tried the different house code settings, such as matching A to A, B to B, etc, but the results are the same, poor picture quality. Another thing that is annoying is the web feature. It says to use internet explorer only and when I access the vanguard [ http://gate.x10.com ] and view my live recorded picture, there is only a test pattern, and I click onto setup / camera / my model, and the camera setting is correct, as well as the house code [ A ] but the unit code should be 2 and it shows as 1 and it will not let me change it while I am online and if I accept a feature to close the menu box, it crashes my internet explorer window, only to have my window re open, and all the saved features are gone...Is this a problem with using Windows 7 or should I used the compatibility feature in windows to run in XP or Vista? I would really like to duplicate one of the set up you members have, if you have my system, and tell me what house code and unit codes work the best for a single cam system using the computer interface hardware. One positive note: I got the free TV remote and it is awesome....All good configurations and suggestions are seriously welcomed..John   -:) Oh! if any of you guys are technicians, I have teamviewer installed on my operating system and you can request access to my desktop to view my problem.

lodtrack

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Problem with set up and video reception
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 07:40:57 AM »

I have a few thoughts:
1) The cameras work best if you can keep as much to line of site between camera and receiver. I'm sure someone else will chime in about the cable type if you want to pursue that option. I'm not sure how powerful the video tranceiver output is, only used it 5 feet away.
2) I have the same problem with Vanguard remote kicking out windows explorer on Windows 7. I have better luck with AHP Myhouse online plugin. Another option if you only have Vanguard is to use remote computer desktop management software. I use the free version from Logmein.com (it is bulletproof)
3) The remotes used are RF. The camera/Ninja need powerline signals to operate. You might try moving your tranceiver(TM751 or RR501 ?? ) closer to the camera location. If you can place it on the same circuit, you can avoid phase coupling issues.

jhaskins75

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 08:12:09 AM »

-:) Thank you for your timely reply. I think that if I can put the VR36ASD Video receiver closer or near the camera, that will eliminate my interference and video issues, but that would mean a longer RCA connector cord. I can plug the AC adapter into the same outlet as were the camera is currently plugged into. The cable seems to be the issue here, as I know I can probably get away with coaxial shielded, and put the RCA connectors on either ends. I also think I will scrap the CM19ASD Transceiver, cause it is only good to use the CR14A pan & Tilt remote that came with the system. It to requires it be mounted away from the computer for optimized performance and the little bugger has only three feet of cord and USB connector. I will purchase some cable / connectors and see if that works, but I may have to not use the pan / tilt feature right now, until I can get that Video receiver closer to the cam antenna. John

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 09:26:31 AM »

Any other device using the 2.4GHz band can also cause interference.
That includes cordless phones and wi-fi devices.

jhaskins75

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 09:31:54 AM »

I disconnected my Comcast / Netgear wireless router and that did not have any effect on correcting the image or adding to the interference. I have no other devices that use that frequency.  >*<

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »

OK We can cross that possibility off the list.
Though in an apartment. Maybe a neighbor is wireless networking.

The signals are directional so the antennas have to be pointed at each other and if the  caperas are in different directions. Very careful pointing is needed. Some have replaced the antennas with a antenna that is not directional but that is a warranty buster.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 02:56:48 PM »

The cable seems to be the issue here, as I know I can probably get away with coaxial shielded, and put the RCA connectors on either ends.
RG59 or RG6 with double shield should be OK, depending on length of run.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

jhaskins75

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 03:55:49 PM »

>!I would like to thank each and everyone who contributed to a solution for my set up and reception problem. After trying the A,B,C, & D channeling changes as well as pin pointing the antenna in a near direct path for line reception, I had to revert to the RG6 cabling to get the receiver next to the camera. This was done, after serious consideration to the type of building construction, as the flooring is concrete and my camera was over 75 ft away on another level. I now have a clear picture. I was able to set up my internet access to Vanguard..[ http://gate.x10.com ] and view my camera operation video, but I still have one major problem, and that being to record a live session. My sensor [ active eye ] activates the recording, but if I am in the area of the sensor / camera to do a test scene for me to view on my video folder/ PC, I cannot see me in the video, but it has taken the snapshots i set per timing and it automatically does the video and I have the software set to show videos in avi., but I want to be able to click on record from the viewer window and walk down to the viewing area, be in the recording and come to my system and click on the video and see myself in that video. My sensor is set up to A1 / channel 2 as the complete system is, and the sensor is set to record video when activated, I even have the lenght of the recording set to 240 seconds and a ten second pre-recording. I keep getting these worthless pvi files which can never be viewed with any known software, except some listed canon viewer. Is there something in my sensor configuration that is not complete?  >*<

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.