Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: X10 ActivePhone Pro sw51a  (Read 36408 times)

mad212

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
X10 ActivePhone Pro sw51a
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:57:51 PM »

B.A.

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: X10 ActivePhone Pro sw51a
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:25:22 PM »

Has anybody seen any screen shots other than the one in the link?
I'm a little curious.....but I was very disappointed in the original ActivePhone.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 06:02:21 PM »

I have activephone, but the last time I upgraded my AHP, I see an unregistered plug-in called ActivePhone Pro.  I was kinda wondering what that was all about, and now I know.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

B.A.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 07:21:47 PM »

Has anyone tried this yet? I'm curious to see how it measures up to x10 commander

tomh

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 11:37:17 PM »

I just purchased this app from The Home Automation Store for $20.00.  They say on their info page that it works on WiFi and 3G.  I haven't gotten it to work yet, but then it took a few days and some updates to get ActivePhone to work on my iPhone 4.  The picture on the web page shows a screen with individual modules and not the PalmPad.  In essence, it should work on 3G and show a different screen.  I've invited the cellphone and two url's come up.  One for the 3G and one for WiFi.  I selected the 3G and I still have the PalmPad.  It is registered, but not under my name.  It comes up as Tim Forehand.  Seems I've heard that name somewhere.  I'll wait on my response from the higher level tech at X10.
tomh

tomh

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 09:14:22 PM »

Confusion is supreme.  I couldn't get ActivePhone Pro which I purchased from The Home Automation Store to work, so I called them.  It seems it is an X10 product downloaded from their (X10's) servers (hence the icon on the startup page).  I explained that the screenshot they have on their site is nowhere to be seen on my IPhone 4.  I emailed one of the higher level techs at X10 and was told this was a screenshot from the MyHouse online plugin.  He said X10 doesn't have ActivePhone Pro.  This kinda makes sense since The Home Automation Store states on their site they do have it first.  So who supports it if you have questions?  I spoke with a gentleman at The Home Automation Store and he was perplexed also.  With that in mind, he is going to contact X10 about it.  I didn't hear back today so I will try next week.  The Chat rep on The Home Automation Store said ActivePhone Pro had increased functionality, but exactly what does that mean?  3G capability is the only thing I can determine so far.  I'll keep posting as I discover what passes my way.

tomh 

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 10:35:08 PM »

What I noticed from the link is the The Home Automation Store claims that "Active Phone Pro" works with Active Home and ActiveHome Pro. Active Home never had any plug-ins, so their site is untrue.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

B.A.

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 07:26:49 AM »

Unbelievable! Yet not surprising.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 08:04:06 AM »

Maybe just a simple typo.
The features area does say Active Home. Further up the page it tells how it is a plug in for Active Home Pro.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 06:20:38 PM »

Unbelievable! Yet not surprising.
rofl
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

bugsdad

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 12:58:34 PM »

also just purchased activephone and it registered to tim forehand, who I'm told is the owner of the company. I have been on-line, chat, and e-mail and can get nowhere. activephone does not work on my iphone 3gs and everyone I talk to passes me off to x-10, who just passed me off to the home automation store. can anybody help???

B.A.

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »

also just purchased activephone

Did you order Activephone Pro? If so is it any diffrerent than Activephone? Does the screen just show the white palm remote?

tomh

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 05:33:21 PM »

Yes, I ordered ActivePhone Pro from The Home Automation Store.  The agent there is still trying to get an answer from X10 about why Pro looks like the standard ActivePhone.  I get the white PalmPad remote and no addtional functionality I can see.

tomh

ErikP

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 09:02:05 PM »

I clicked the link in the original post, and the screen shot I saw there is definitely from ActivePhone Pro.  Currently there is no MyHouse cell phone mobile application.  ActivePhone Pro should appear as a glossy black background with a list of modules taking up most of the screen, and a large control area with a drag zone and a few buttons on the bottom of the display.  It should NOT look like the PalmPad remote.

What version of AHP is currently installed on your system?  How are you retrieving your links to the application?  I assume you are using the Invite Cellphone dialog.  Are you accessing this dialog from the Plug-Ins menu (next to Help top of the AHP window)?  Every mobile application has its own invite dialog with slightly different URL parameters.  The ActivePhone Pro plug-in is a separate plug-in from regular ActivePhone so it does not modify or replace the original ActivePhone dialog.  The primary difference in the URLs in this case is that to access ActivePhone PRO the URL should contain /ahppro instead of /ahp.

tomh

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 10:59:59 PM »

Well, I just discovered that you have to call up the Invitation from the app not under the Tools menu (thanks to ErikP).  Scroll to plug-ins and select the app.  It will show the Invite a Cell Phone there provided you have it registered.  I do get the appropriate screen now.  I just need to figure out how to get the ActivePhone Pro icon on my iPhone 4 now.  There doesn't seem to be a function included with the invitation that you can save to the screen.

tomh 
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.