Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: what to put as base port when port forwarding iwatchmobilepro?  (Read 27140 times)

whiteowl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

B:( hello, ive been trying to forward port 8777 to view cams on iwatchpro,but am stuck on what to put on routers port forward page,it ask for globle/start,globle/end,and base port,i tried putting 8777 on all but it would not connect,ive tried using my dyndns,my wan ip:address:8777/iwatchpro and nothing seems to work, i also installed a dyndns update client,made server ip: static,still nothing i can access everything ok using email links,3g and wifi,the only problem is i have to go to task manager and stop process for x10.nets.exe and close and restart AHP after accessing the cameras,or on alert,or activephone more than 2-3 times,then it will work fine again.but after reading the forums here it seems like portforwarding is the most reliable way to go,also tried changing my phones browser to skyfire,but still nothing,ANY help,idea's,or point;s in the right direction will be greatly appreciated,in case this helps router is a westell a90-750045-95 or (7500) desktop pc running AHP is running windows xp home edition sp3,phone is samsung intercept with android 2.1 THANKS in advance for any help,hopefully my solution can also help someone else as well.

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: what to put as base port when port forwarding iwatchmobilepro?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:53:54 PM »

I would check here:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Westell/A90-750045-07/X10_Multiview.htm

It looks like you need "8777" without the quotes in the Global Port Start, Global Port End and Base Host Port.  You want to make sure that "Port Forwarding is selected", not "Port Triggering".  It also appears that the screen after the entering of these ports is where you need to specify the IP address of your computer that has Active Home Pro installed on it.  It will be something like 192.168.0.xxx.

Once this is setup, then you should be able to use your Internet browser on your mobile phone to access your iWatchmobile by the DynDNS address - username.dynalias.net:8777/iwatchmobile

Hope this Helps.
 >!

whiteowl

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »

just wanted to say thanks to npampel for the port forwarding info,i got port 8777 open,but still cant get to connect,i tried using my internal and external or wan ip:but phone keeps getting 500 error-invalid security key,or connection failed unable to connect please review your network settings,im just wondering if there is anything else i neet to type in phones browser besides xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8777/iwatchpro i noticed phone is adding http:// to it or sometimes www. no matter how i type it,also i was unclear on forwarding port 8777 if i should put tcp or udp,so i selected both,also should i forward 8775 as well? i also noticed when router asked for select from a detected lan device or use an address it sometimes will already show my pc name on left and internal address on the right,and sometimes its mac address on left and internal on yhe right,ive tried several different ways using the pc name,with internal,and external with  no luck,however i i just setup a seperate security dvr and forward its port and when i type in my wan ip:xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:XXXX on the app that it came with that i installed on phone it will go to it every time,i am tryin to get iwatchpro to do the same thing but cant think of anything else to try,also even turned firewall on pc off and set router firewall to off,any more ideas,or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,and thanks again for your time.

npampel

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 03:54:23 PM »

Hi WhiteOwl,

You are welcome and sorry that you are still having trouble.
Once you have port 8777 open on your firewall and routed to the LAN IP address of your computer with AHP installed, you should be able to access your AHP applications with your mobile device through the Internet browser with the WAN IP address of your router.  Hmm.  ???

What version of AHP are your running?

Thanks,
Nate

whiteowl

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 06:06:53 PM »

sorry,i just seen your reply,its version 3.306 im still tryin different config,s but starting to run out of options,i also just noticed when i check ports it says an application has locked this port,close any applications that may be using it and try again,when i go to task manager and stop x10,nets.exe,port is open again,well back to the portforward page in router,but if you think of somthing let me know,ill keep checkin back here,and thanks again i really apreciate the help.  Mike
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:04:50 PM by whiteowl »

npampel

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 09:01:42 PM »

Hi Mike,

Maybe try upgrading to the next version.  X10 corrected some issues that may help you.

Version 3.310 Updated 03/25/2011

AHP: Human readable EEPROM output (ahpeeprom_w.txt) is once again generated correctly.
AHP: New dynamic Installer framework.
AHP: Fix for 500 errors when accessing mobile apps resulting from unstable network connectivity.
AHP: Registration dialog is more clear about which registration code to use when registering ActivePhone.
AHP: Module History button in Room View now properly parses history data.
AHP: Bright level is more correctly preserved between sessions of ActiveHome Pro.
AHP: Fix for bright/dim commands not always sending properly when using a CM19.
MyHouse Online: Fixes for various MyHouse Online crashes when run in Internet Explorer Protected Mode.
MyHouse Online: MyHouse Online connection history is now stamped with local time

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
Nate

whiteowl

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 09:13:43 PM »

hey thanks again,i guess i should have checked for a newer version,ill try that,then im thinking of changing routers,but will post back when i do,hopefully the update to AHP 3.310 helps,well thanks a million for the help again,im going to update to newer version now while im still sane!

whiteowl

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 07:14:27 PM »

Hey,just wanted to say thanks to Nate for all the help,the update to version 3.310 worked,everything is working perfect! 3G & WiFi,I really appreciated the help,Thank's again. Mike

npampel

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 02:01:45 PM »

Hi Mike,

You are most welcome.  I am glad that all is working for you now.  Good luck and happy X10'n.  >!

Cheers,
Nate

vdubguy2k

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »

Does anyone have a suggestion for security if one was to use the port forwarding to access the cameras directly?  I would think that really anyone with some internet savy could find a range of IP address's and scan for this open port and just have open access to the cameras yea?  I'm not really up on the idea of having just open for someone to stumble across and be able to see inside my house etc.  Anyway to have this address redirect to a secure login page or something similar so that you have to know the password to view the cameras?

Hope that makes sense!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.