Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Marmitek (Europe) version released v3.308 with extended codes bug  (Read 6542 times)

aussie mate

• Helpful Post Rating: 5

Marmitek have released version 3.308 however after trying it out for a few weeks it appears to have an issue when using extended codes.

If a module that uses extended codes (ie LM12 wall dimmer) is programmed and added to a macro - when the macro runs - the light doesn't turn on.

I can see the codes in the Activity Monitor so the macro is running but the light does not respond.
If I turn the light on by using the GUI - the light comes on.
Also if I run the macro by clicking on it - it works. (I think this is because clicking on a macro runs the macro from the PC rather than the interface).

Changing the module to an old style one - it works ok.

I have also tried using the Extended codes in the advance functions - the same thing happens - I can run them from the PC - but they wont work when run from the interface.

I have also rolled back to an earlier version - v3.238 and it now works...

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Marmitek (Europe) version released v3.308 with extended codes bug
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:51:45 AM »

That sounds like a big "oops" to me.
I guess programmers in Europe can make mistakes too.

Not that we don't want to help you here, but I suggest you report the bug to Marmitek's support. I don't think they frequent these forums.
At least you seem to have found a workaround (downgrading to a previous version).

As for trying to help, I am confused about one thing. You said that you can see the commands run, but the module doesn't respond. Does that mean that the Activity Monitor shows the correct Extended codes being sent, but the light doesn't turn on? When you turn it on manually from the GUI, are the commands being sent exactly the same?
Are you sure that the module you have supports SoftStart and the Extended codes?

aussie mate

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 04:44:48 PM »

I have sent an email to their support however as there are a number of people who read these forum who use the UK version of the software I wanted to let them know of the issue (also the x10 programmers who monitor the forum).

The codes in the Activity Monitor are the same in both cases - however one works - the other doesn't.

I think the main point here is when you click on a GUI or Macro in AHP - it seems to send the commands from the PC rather than sending them from the interface. it kind of makes sense.

I also tested this by using the checking the "run from PC" box in the macro -when this is ticked it then works ok.

Yes the modules used here all support SoftStart and Extended codes

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »

What about turning the light on and off manually in the GUI (not using a macro). Does that work?
Have you tried adding a 0-second delay at the start of the macro?
Do ANY macro commands work to any modules?

aussie mate

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 08:36:31 PM »

Yes, turning the light on via the GUI works ok.

The macro runs ok - I tested this by adding another ON command to a different module after the one with the extended codes. (see below)

Trigger C4
Light A8 - command Dim to 50% (uses extended codes)
wait 1 sec
Light A4 - command ON (A4 is light programmed as non softstart unit)

When the macro runs via the interface - Activity Monitor show the all the right commands but only the A4 (non Softstart light) comes on.
If I run it via PC - both come on.

If I change A8 to a non softstart unit - then the macro works from both the interface and the PC.

I haven't tried adding 0 sec delay to front of macro - will do this & report back but I don't think that is the problem.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 08:47:09 PM »

Yes, turning the light on via the GUI works ok.

The macro runs ok - I tested this by adding another ON command to a different module after the one with the extended codes. (see below)

Trigger C4
Light A8 - command Dim to 50% (uses extended codes)
wait 1 sec
Light A4 - command ON (A4 is light programmed as non softstart unit)

When the macro runs via the interface - Activity Monitor show the all the right commands but only the A4 (non Softstart light) comes on.
If I run it via PC - both come on.

If I change A8 to a non softstart unit - then the macro works from both the interface and the PC.

I haven't tried adding 0 sec delay to front of macro - will do this & report back but I don't think that is the problem.

And you've verified, from the Activity Monitor, that the commands being sent when you run the macro from the interface are EXACTLY the same as when run from the PC?
Have you tried using the "advanced" macro function to send the extended command manually?

It does sound like a software bug to me, especially since you said it worked with an older version of the software.

aussie mate

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 09:11:50 PM »

Yes, as I said in the 1st post - I also tested it using Advanced Functions - extended codes.
The same thing happened - it works ok if run from the PC but not via the interface.

Yes the activity monitor show exactly the same commands in in case.

It's a pity as this is the 1st bug that I have found in the UK version of AHP - generally the UK version seems to be pretty reliable.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.