Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: having issues with phases  (Read 2627 times)

agito

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
having issues with phases
« on: April 07, 2011, 07:35:11 PM »

I know this is ... >*<

but I've managed to bridge (at least it seems i have) my phases with the use of a TM751.  It is currently 'D' housecode, a wall switch i was having troubles with using CM15a /w modified antenna, now works with 'D6' RF command on/off.  However, a second wall switch 'D5' is not so lucky and is having issues receiving a command.  I'm up in Canada and i don't think i have 3 phases.  All other wall switches are on the same phase as my CM15a and have no had a problem in years.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ken

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: having issues with phases
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »

An easy way to see if you need some kind of phase coupler is if you have an electric stove (they are all 220 volts), turn it on and see if if you can control all modules.  If it does, you need a phase coupler.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: having issues with phases
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:15:09 PM »

All other wall switches are on the same phase as my CM15a and have no had a problem in years.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Ken
Bridging phases with a CM15A and a TM751 is only marginally successful. The problem is the TM751 will frequently trample and corrupt PLC transmissions from the CM15A. Get a real repeater, even if only the X10 XPCR.

That said, have you looked for a noise source?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.