Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TM13 without battery?  (Read 2710 times)

webrod

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
TM13 without battery?
« on: April 10, 2011, 01:24:28 PM »

Hi,

let's say that I buy a MS90, then I create a senario to trigger a X10 buzzer (110db) when MS90 is ON (detection of a thief).
Then I upload the senario on a TM13 (assuming it's possible, maybe it's only possible with the CM15PRO).

Let's say the thief cut the power in my house, would it work?
Like the MS90 sends ON with wireless, the TM13 (or CM15) receives the signal and sends ON to the buzzer with wireless (as there is no power anymore)??

Or do I need a security console for that purpose?
Or at least is there a way to detect that power is not there anymore so it triggers the buzzer (sorry for my bad english)

Thanks

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: TM13 without battery?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 04:28:23 PM »

Let's say the thief cut the power in my house, would it work?
Like the MS90 sends ON with wireless, the TM13 (or CM15) receives the signal and sends ON to the buzzer with wireless (as there is no power anymore)??

Or do I need a security console for that purpose?
The TM 13 and CM15 sends signals to external modules (including the Powerhorn alarms) through the powerline and depends on the AC power to do this, They are NOT wireless. So with no power, the system can not work.

Yes X10 the Security System, using battery backup, will beep its local alarm, but it will not activate an external plug-in alarm like the PowerHorn. And your english is fine.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

webrod

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 01:55:16 AM »

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answer.
I have a clear picture now :-)

I was not sure of the interest of the security console (assuming you have a CM15Pro where you can store some senarios).
Since I am not happy of the range area of wireless (no communicaton between the CM15Pro inside and a MS13 outside if the distance is more than 1,5m. Should be the same with the X10 security console, and probably the same with a MS90)
Now I see at leat one interest, detection of power outage.

Rod

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 10:16:57 AM »

The CM15 has always been weak as far as receiving a RF signal from a wireless device like the motion sensors and Palm Pads, etc. However the receive range can be improved by adding an external antenna. There are many mods described on the forum, just search for "CM15 range" or similar phrase. Some mods are as easy as wrapping an additional length of wire around the existing CM15A antenna. Here in US the X10 frequency for the remotes is 310MHz. I believe your frequency may be 433MHz. So on the forum examples where you see "9 inches" and "18 inches" for antenna lenths, you would substitute "6.5 inches" and "13 inches" when you convert to metric(?).
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.