Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Driveway alarm and MS14A motion sensor problems.  (Read 3997 times)

Karl in NY

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Driveway alarm and MS14A motion sensor problems.
« on: April 12, 2011, 04:26:12 PM »

I orderer two complete systems (total of six pieces,order #3661666) and am not satisfied.

Regardless where the sensors point, even directions with zero motion), I get annoying chime alerts about
every five minutes or so, not corresponding to vehicle or passenger movement, and not during breezy conditions.

I tried emailing X-10 the day before yesterday, but no reply, so I decided to try here on the forum.
I cannot run to the window hundreds of times per day.

Thank you.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Driveway alarm and MS14A motion sensor problems.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 05:07:37 PM »

First off this forum isn't for product complaints.
This forum was setup so users could help other users.
The forum is maned by volunteers without any connection to X10 other then we use the stuff!

Now if you wish to do some trouble shooting members here can help get your setup working reliably!
Just post exactly what your trying to do what software if any, x10 addresses being used and all x10 modules in the setup!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Driveway alarm and MS14A motion sensor problems.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 10:09:59 AM »

I orderer two complete systems (total of six pieces,order #3661666) and am not satisfied.

Regardless where the sensors point, even directions with zero motion), I get annoying chime alerts about
every five minutes or so, not corresponding to vehicle or passenger movement, and not during breezy conditions.

I tried emailing X-10 the day before yesterday, but no reply, so I decided to try here on the forum.
I cannot run to the window hundreds of times per day.

Thank you.
We have no idea what comprises "order # 3661666" so how many, and what model of motion sensors are you using? Describe your system: one transceiver, one chime, and four motion sensors??  We are users just like you and have no crystal balls.

Appearently all your motion sensors are all set to your chime house code, unit code, so have you tried taking sensors out of service one by one to isolate a problem unit? Rapidly changing sunlight can cause  my MS16s to trigger, for example bright sunlight quickly shadowed by a rapidly moving cloud.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.