Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Module color change  (Read 4521 times)

tomh

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Module color change
« on: April 17, 2011, 12:08:38 PM »

I upgraded to 3.311 last night and noticed the color ribbon is all one color no matter what the module might be.  I tried editing, but cannot see the color selection as I did in 3.228 (which I kept for a long time).  The Help section in the AHP program says you can select the color when you create a room or right click on a room and edit.  No go there.  Oh, when I unstalled the AHP program and reinstalled the newer version it preserved all my modules and macros.  Is it supposed to do that?  It was nice of it to do that since my AHX file was corrupted and my macros didn't work as they should.  It did save me time.  If anyone is interested I have a working solution to the 4 hour timer limit.  I have two different macros--one for 8 hours and one for 12 hours.  I did have a 24 hour one also, but haven't used it in a while and could be duplicated from the 12 hour one.  I need to repost it on the Working Macro section.

Thanks,

tomh 
 -:) 

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Module color change
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 01:07:28 PM »

The color change is a feature introduced in AHP a couple of versions recently.  If your modules are older ones (no Soft Start, you need to convert them to "Older Lamps (no Soft Start) to have them operate correctly.  Soft Start modules can be left alone.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tomh

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 07:52:03 PM »

Thanks.  I guess that reading the instructions isn't always the thing to do if everything else fails.

tomh

ErikP

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 08:22:26 PM »

cannot see the color selection as I did in 3.228
One of the first questions I was asked to resolve was this.  I don't know the reasons, as the change was made before i started with X10, but this functionality was intentionally removed.  It was replaced with a scheme that colors the modules automatically based on type and room location.

...it preserved all my modules and macros.  Is it supposed to do that?
Yes, sort of...  the default uninstaller package does not clear out your hidden system App Data folder which contains a file with your last running state preserved in it.  It also doesn't delete any saved AHX files other than those created by the installation, or the registry entry which tells AHP on load which AHX was used last and it should open this session.

All of this can be cleared out between installs, and there are instructions on the wiki to do this  http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/ActiveHome_Pro_Reinstallation.  All of this could potentially be corrupted as well so while it works its a nice bonus, but i wouldn't recommend trusting this to the point of not backing up your files.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.