Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: SC1200 problem with zones  (Read 21072 times)

jonheil

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SC1200 problem with zones
« on: April 17, 2011, 02:17:42 PM »

I just upgraded to the SC1200 from the DS7000, which I had no problems with other than I needed more than 16 zones.  I installed all the zones and now I see a low battery indicator from zone 4.  The DS7000 didn't indicate low battery and there's no walls between the sensor and console.  For arguements sake I replaced the batteries and made sure the 1200 was mounted vertically.  I also have several zone indicators displayed even though the switches aren't open.  Doesn that mean the switch is open?  Again the 7000 doesn't display these zones as open.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SC1200 problem with zones
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 02:27:17 PM »

Does the SC1200 ding dong when you open the door and it is not armed? With the default chime option On.
Since you updated from the DS7000. Are you using the DS10A door window sensors?

jonheil

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 07:17:01 PM »

Yes all the door/window sensors are DS10A.  I checked all of the zones that are displayed and all but one ding dong when opened.  The zone indicating low battery (zone 4) ding dongs ok and that indicator is flashing on the display.  I noticed even the zones that are not displayed are still somewhat visible on the display.  I don't think they're meant to be displayed but it just looks like a poor quality display.  I'm pretty sure there are 4 zones indicating open though.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 07:36:11 PM »

Yes the LCD on mine also has all 32 very faintly showing. Even when happy and not open.
Is the Zone number flashing or on?
On indicates Open and Flashing indicates problem. Like that zone has not reported in in around four hours.

Mike_B

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »

I also upgraded to the SC1200. I was installing it this past weekend. I am also having the same problem. I found for some reason when I placed the SC1200 behind a door litterally 2 feet away from my old X10 system, none of the zones were happy. I reprogrammed it several times. I decided to move the unit to my living room 4 - 6 feet way. All was fine most of yesterday. This morning, I am having problems with zone 4 as well - I know the batteries are brand new re-chargable - same as I have in all my other sensors. Sensor 3 and 4 are the furthest away from the unit. I would guess 15 - 20 feet away.

I have read about mounting the unit on the wall vertically. I will admit vertical seems to make a difference. I believe I have had less issues. I don't physically want to mount it on the wall unit the unit is in good working order. Until then it sits vertical on a shelf.

I would like to know what the issue is also. Years back I had the Radio Shack version of this unit and it worked pretty well. I don't recall having these types of issues with that unit.

As a last resort, tonight I will replace the door/window sensor (zone 4) to see if after 3 years the sensor could be bad.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 11:35:33 AM »

So you has a RS 49-1000 system and it didn't have such problems?

Mike_B

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 11:49:14 AM »

That is correct. I bought it in either 2005 or 2006. It died almost 4 years ago. It was mounted on the wall where I experienced all the Zone issues. Radio Shack stopped selling the units. So when I found X10, I was happy it was plug and play. I have slowly replaced all the sensors to the x10 models. So it shocked me that I was having an issue with all Zones in that location. I am happy to know that moving the unit seems to have helped.

Yesterday, I went looking for the old unit to see if I still had it, I don't. I thought maybe it would help troubleshoot the issue.

Mike_B

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 08:24:10 PM »

When I got home, zones 3 and 4 were flashing. I changed one sensor, reprogrammed zones 3 and 4. no change. I'm at a loss. My last thought - move the unit closer to zones 3 and 4.

jonheil

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 09:08:37 PM »

Yes the LCD on mine also has all 32 very faintly showing. Even when happy and not open.
Is the Zone number flashing or on?
On indicates Open and Flashing indicates problem. Like that zone has not reported in in around four hours.

The display shows "LOW BATT 4" above the time and the little #4 is flashing up top.  But the window still sounds the chime when opened.  So do all the other zones indicating open.  I've noticed something also.  I'll see anywhere from 4 to 6 zones indicating "open" on the display although all are closed.  So if I check the display and see 4 zones open then come back 10 min. later and there are 5 open, I should've heard a ding dong but I didn't.  Seems like all the switches are working fine.  Just the display is showing phantom signals.  The old 7000 console is still online and not having these problems.
FWIW, one sensor is on my shed door OUTSIDE about 100 ft. from the SC1200 and it never seems to lose contact with that one.  But that zone 4 is 25 ft. away with no obstacles.

phongluu

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 02:06:16 AM »

I beleive it's not SC1200, but it's actually the DS10A:

Same as the powerhorn, x10 has changed it design a lot on the DS10A w/o letting us know.
In order to get rid of the LOW BATT msg, there're some certain model of the DS10A will be pain: you have to reset it by pressing and hold the test button untill it blink few times, then remove the batt, and re-insert.

Now, watch out if you are using AHP with On Alert: again, I found not ALL DS10A acts the same way, but if you not have it reset until correct address, it can send out all bunch of crappy A000TV, or M000TV cmd, and sometime... it even trigger twice close one, or trigger three times, close two. Even trigger but not close!

I open my Activity Monitor (F2) while resetting the DS10A and observe untill seeing it's clearly triggerred/closed, then married with DS7000 or SC12A.

Good luck and have fun,
P.L

Mike_B

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 08:50:18 AM »

That is a good point. I did mention I have slowly replaced all my old Radio Shack sensors. As I am leaning more tord the sensors. I will try this little trick and see what happens.

ROBERTH

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 01:40:37 PM »

Well...as you all know I had shipped my SC1200 back to X10 to get a replacement. I spent $15.00 in shipping to get it to them and back quickly. Well instead of receiving a new unit back, my package was sent back to me and never delivered. I called X10 and they told me I would need an RMA # on the outside of the box. The sales person could not give me one. ???? I was trandferred in a que which I was on hold for 1 1/2 hours. No one ever came back to the phone to give me an RMA. I then played email tag with an X10 associate named Brian. Once I asked him to provide me with an RMA he went silent. I called X10 again and I am currently on hold for 30 minutes trying to speak with someone. ... what the hell?... Rob

Mike_B

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 02:09:53 PM »

B:( oh no! Not good!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »

You mean someone from X10 said send it back, but didn't give you an RMA with return instructions?  ???

Mike_B

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 08:40:32 AM »

I tried to program the DS10A's as stated above - No luck!

I luckily had a couple of the Radio Shack sensors. I programmed them last night (to the SC1200). I found, I am no longer having zone issues. So I also think the problem is with the DS10A sensors. Good call! I ordered a couple DS12A's yesterday.   

>!

Mike
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.