Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AHP sending extended codes  (Read 14480 times)

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
Re: AHP sending extended codes
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 10:38:30 AM »

Ok, I haven't finished my coffee yet and this thread will take another reading to fully understand this morning. But, here is what I did and question.

I have ahp 3.313 installed. I turn on F9 which is a ws467 via a macro, I see the extended code being sent.
I have the "Issue 'On' inplace of 'Bright 100%'" option checked in macro preferences.

This didn't used to happen. Once I checked this option I saw the On command being sent. I also remember reading here about using this option to speed up the macro operation.

So I tried completely removing ahp, reboot and reinstall 3.313. Still have the problem.
Next I uninstalled again and reinstalled 3.296 since it was my first ever version and I knew it worked the way I remember.

Now, with 3.296 installed, and the On instead of Bright 100% option checked, it works how I remember.
I use the module icon in ahp to turn the light on and the activity log show F9 On. Not the extended code.
If I trigger the macro I again see F9 On and not the extended code.

So I guess my question is, did something change or is it a bug? Maybe v3.296 was the version with the bug and 3.3xx if working correctly? Because ever since v3.3xx I only see extended codes and it always seems to send On at 0% even though my last time I turned it on was at 100%. The macro is set to turn F9 ON, not F9 100%.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 12:02:22 PM »

They changed the behavior of the X10nets a few versions back.
Version 3.302 added support for SoftStart modules and Extended Dim commands.
Version 3.310 changed the behavior of the SDK and macros to always use Extended commands for those modules that support them.
You can see the entire Bug List in this thread:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22373.0

The developers are aware of it, and are working on a way to turn that behavior on and off.

devedsmith

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 02:31:58 AM »

This issue is driving me crazy. AHP Is completely disabled and unusable because it always sounds extended codes instead of ON. Should I reinstall older version?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 02:40:50 PM »

This issue is driving me crazy. AHP Is completely disabled and unusable because it always sounds extended codes instead of ON. Should I reinstall older version?
If the modules are defined in AHP under the "Old Lamps - no SoftStart" category (instead of "Lamps"), then AHP should be sending the old-fashioned on/off/dim commands.

devedsmith

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 11:45:57 AM »

I found it. Thank you! Silly that they would need a category just for those modules instead of merely building that behavior into the module profile. Any reason why I'm no longer able to use All Lights On in a ROOM?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 04:16:29 PM »

I found it. Thank you! Silly that they would need a category just for those modules instead of merely building that behavior into the module profile. Any reason why I'm no longer able to use All Lights On in a ROOM?
Back in 2008, they redesigned the lamp modules (and wall switches), but didn't change the model numbers. They needed a separate category for the older ones, since any module purchased after 208 (including any future purchases) would be the SoftStart ones, and they didn't want to confuse new users, I guess.

devedsmith

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 01:29:08 PM »

So what you're saying is that there are LM465's with soft start?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »

So what you're saying is that there are LM465's with soft start?
Yes. Since about 2008, all of the LM465s being manufactured are SoftStart.
Unfortunately, they didn't change the model number, and you can't tell by looking at them. You really need to test them to be sure.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 03:42:42 PM »

As Noam pointed out.
Only real way to tell is. Turn it On and Off. If it ramps On and Off at about a three second rate. You have a Soft Start LM465.
I have seen two versions of the Soft Start LM465s.
One ramped On and Off when triggered by a Security Console Alarm.
That was corrected in a later Date Code to Soft Start as expected but go On and Off instantly from a security Consoles stream of On/Off or All Lights On/All Units Off power line commands.

Users with mixed old and soft start LM465s. Frequently tag or mark LM465s as to their type.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:14:04 PM by Brian H »

devedsmith

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »

This is so unfortunate and it's why I'm slowly converting everything to z-Wave. I know it's more expensive but it doesn't have any of these issues or blunders. I can't get AHP to work at all any more with my old modules. If I have a module setup for the old style, close and re-open AHP, it reverts to sending extended commands. It's very frustrating.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 10:04:57 PM »

Try backing up your .ahx files and uninstalling AHP and then installing AHP 3.310 which is stable version in my opinion.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »

... If I have a module setup for the old style, close and re-open AHP, it reverts to sending extended commands. ...
Are you saving the file, and re-downloading when you exit?
You might also try backing up your AHX file and creating a new one, as Dan suggested.

One other thing - make sure that you don't have both "New" and "Old" modules defined in AHP for the same HouseCode/UnitCode combination. From the testing I did, that produced unpredictable results, and I would advise you to avoid that. Same goes for mixing module types (lamps with appliances, for example) on the same HouseCode/UnitCodes within AHP. (I suppose if you wanted a lamp module to come on and off with the same timers as an appliance module, and you don't care about dimming it, you COULD define ONLY the appliance module in AHP, and just set the physical lamp module's HC/UC the same as the appliance module.)

devedsmith

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 07:18:47 PM »

Ok, I tried this: Using a brand new AHX file, I added an old style lamp module. Clicking the switch sends an "ON" to the lamp module. When I closed and re-opened AHP, and clicked the switch, AHP sends extended code instead of "ON". I've done this several times and I can repeat it every time. Any ideas?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 07:42:16 PM »

Ok, I tried this: Using a brand new AHX file, I added an old style lamp module. Clicking the switch sends an "ON" to the lamp module. When I closed and re-opened AHP, and clicked the switch, AHP sends extended code instead of "ON". I've done this several times and I can repeat it every time. Any ideas?
Did you save the file, and download to the CM15A before closing AHP?
I tried this, and I'm unable to duplicate it.
I created a new file, and added one old style lamp module. I saved the file, and was able to turn it on and off (and verified the commands were correct). I closed AHP, and re-opened it. It was still defined as an old style, and it still sent the same old-style commands. I tried a few times, and I can't duplicate your issue. Sorry.
You didn't add BOTH an old and a new module on the same code, did you?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:56:20 PM by Noam »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.