Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New AHP Versions 3.312 and 3.313 Released 4/25/2011  (Read 11856 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
New AHP Versions 3.312 and 3.313 Released 4/25/2011
« on: April 27, 2011, 10:41:15 AM »

AHP versions 3.312 and 3.313 were released 4/25/2011.
Here are the changes:

Version 3.313 Updated 04/25/2011

* AHP: Fix for Xid generation.

Version 3.312 Updated 04/25/2011

* AHP: Fix for email invite dialog crashing AHP in some plugin configurations.
    * AHP: Added mobile application reflector server connection indicator to email invite dialog.
    * AHP: Updated reflector server connection code to more reliably connect AHP to the reflector.

You can download the new version here:
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

Here is a link to the revision list:
http://www.x10.com/support/rev_ahp.htm

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: New AHP Versions 3.312 and 3.313 Released 4/25/2011
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 04:33:33 PM »

I'm a little "uneducated", I guess, on what problems these new versions fixed or enhanced by the above description.  Is there a more "lay" terminology as to what was made better with these updates?  Perhaps if I don't understand the terminology, then maybe I don't have a problem.  But still I would like something that is a little "less technical."  Or an example of what this fixes.  Is that possible?  If it's just me ... then no worries. 

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 07:13:03 PM »

I'm a little "uneducated", I guess, on what problems these new versions fixed or enhanced by the above description.  Is there a more "lay" terminology as to what was made better with these updates?  Perhaps if I don't understand the terminology, then maybe I don't have a problem.  But still I would like something that is a little "less technical."  Or an example of what this fixes.  Is that possible?  If it's just me ... then no worries. 
I just copied and pasted from X10's description in their Revision History for AHP.
As I understand it, these two releases were directed at fixing specific access issues with the Mobile plugins for AHP.

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 01:07:03 AM »

I understand where the description came from.  I was really appealling to X10 for a better explanation since the updates are really for our benefit and use.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:15:33 AM by Don N »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 08:53:52 AM »

I understand where the description came from.  I was really appealling to X10 for a better explanation since the updates are really for our benefit and use.
I agree that would be more helpful.
Some of the update descriptions HAVE been very helpful for us. In this case, indicating the fixes were for the mobile plugins might have helped.

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 02:41:16 PM »

How about fixing the LONG TERM problems that have been posted on these forums for MONTHS!!!!
The problems that I have posted (and others) STILL exist, and don't seem to be addressed!!!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »

How about fixing the LONG TERM problems that have been posted on these forums for MONTHS!!!!
The problems that I have posted (and others) STILL exist, and don't seem to be addressed!!!

I would agree, though a lot of times, they might not see these "problems" as software bugs.   It could be working they way they want it to work, which is not the way we would like it. 

And add to that, the reality of business, to answer the question, exactly how many new X10 items will be sold if X10 invests in fixing this?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 05:41:36 PM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

pomonabill221

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 06:43:33 PM »

Yes, their actual business might drop if they don't come up with "new and improved" things that have bugs also.
  I think that X10 in general has a fairly poor reputation of things that kinda work, but have problems and aren't real reliable.
  Creating things that ARE reliable would cost alot more to produce, costing money for R&D, etc., but I would think that if a little more effort was spent with better designs towards reliability, the X10 name would make a boost and in the long run, would drastically improve their overall sales.
  Problem is, I think (my own opinion here) is that the bean counters at X10 want an "immediate fix" and don't really care about their existing credibility.
  I wonder also, why the software developers don't seem to last very long???
  Is it the working conditions?  The pressure to turn out SOMETHING, even though it hasn't really been debugged, and let the users here in the forums debug it for them?  This kind of thinking is also inherent with other software manufacturers... look at Microsoft/Apple/Autodesk/any company for that matter!!
  Think of ALL the different OS platforms out there, and the unthinkable software installations that exist, and try to COexist with each other... IMPOSSIBLE to test ALL the different possibilities!!!
  BUT.... as I have said before, some of the most BASIC bugs that people have found for X10's software doesn't rely on different system configurations.
  One that I have stated is the lack of mouse WHEEL support for the different functions in AHP.
  Take for example, the activity monitor window.... why doesn't the mouse scroll wheel work for scrolling in the window?
  Why doesn't the mouse scroll wheel work for setting the dim level?  It is very difficult to precisley set the dim level with the mouse pointer, and you cannot manually type the dim level in the text box!!!!  WHY NOT!  It isn't a text box, probably!!!
  Why doesn't the scroll wheel work in ANY window???
  Why doesn't ALT-F4 close AHP???  EVERY other app does!!!  It is a well known Windows hot key!
  Why are the buttons on the taskbar labeled the SAME!  AHP and activity monitor have the SAME title, so you don't know which one to click on to switch windows!
  Why can't you select a different printer for labels?

My feeling is if you are going to write a windows application, USE THE STANDARD WINDOWS CONTROLS!!!!  There is NOT secret for these!

I have MANY more BASIC windows functionality that should have been available in AHP but are NOT!
Not the best way to run a company, but I guess they think it is working for them....
  I have seen all too many posts from new people to X10 indicating that "this stuff is junk", and I have to somewhat agree that X10 at best is shaky, but there is enough long term exposure from others here, that with our long term effort to make this otherwise unreliable equipment work somewhat better, with mods and tips and tricks, that WE on this forum are actually HELPING X10!
  I had SMarthome's 1132cup interface and it worked VERY well and the software did NOT have all the problems that AHP does, AND it had the basic windows functionality!  It just didn't support the new dimmers!  I had bought several of the smarthome lamp modules that worked great, BUT smarthome's software DID have a very minor bug for setting scenes and smarthome did not want to fix it!
  After reading alot of posts here, I took the AHP plunge, and on my first download, I got the crash popup!  That ticked me off!!!  I said to myself... "another X10 product!, I should have known!".
  I am VERY slowly starting to like AHP, but HATE the interface (software) and the clunky look!  Huge icons/text/pretty pictures... and no way to get rid or change them!
  I could, and probably will in the future, go on and on, and I am sure that there are some here that will bash me, but deep down, they know what I am talking about, and I know that I am NOT the only one!!!
  These boards are full of people that are new to (like me) have had X10 since it first came out under the BSR name with the brown modules( I still have several).  I bought my first starter BSR kit from Perry Truman (a government employee only store, like Fedco) in 78'ish, then got the CP290 which I still have and several timers, led and flourescent displays, so I am VERY familiar with X10 and I know what I am talking about!
  ENOUGH FOR NOW!!!   >!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 06:18:44 AM »

I had one of the original CM15As and early AHP. Was very flaky and I was on the list to get the special Engineering Modified CM15A that recorded things and then you could send a log back to X10.

I still use my 1132CU and Smarthome Manager Essentials. For things like logging power line signals {that is how I watched the SC1200s commands} and the signal test to send cycles of addresses on the power lines.

Too bad they are calling it Legacy and didn't even correct the Daylight Saving Times.
I have implemented the work around for DST. The end users came up with.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:07:08 AM by Brian H »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 07:11:30 AM »

...Too bad they are calling it Legacy and didn't even correct the Daylight Saving Times...

According to the developers, the DST issue was fixed with the release of v3.264 on 3/23/2010

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 07:38:17 AM »

Sorry for the confusion.
I was talking about Smarthome not fixing their software and leaving the users to themselves for a fix.
Like we figure out ways around AHPs quirks.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 08:58:23 AM »

Sorry for the confusion.
I was talking about Smarthome not fixing their software and leaving the users to themselves for a fix.
Like we figure out ways around AHPs quirks.

Ok, got it.
After I posted that, I was thinking that's what you meant, but I had a hard time imagining that Smarthome ALSO left the DST problem unresolved for so long, too.

I guess the 1132CU controller and software is old enough that they are no longer supporting it?
I had looked into getting one a long time ago, when I was having issues with my CM15A, but decided against it. There are too many things where it couldn't hold a candle to what the CM15A could do (or was SUPPOSED to be able to do, at least).

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 11:27:17 AM »

I think I found a bug in 3.313.   It constantly asks for a download to the CM15 every time the program is opened.  I deleted it totally and re-installed 3.310.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »

Just wondering, what is the "Xid generation"  Even a ASK search reveals nothing.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

pomonabill221

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 04:15:44 PM »

I think I found a bug in 3.313.   It constantly asks for a download to the CM15 every time the program is opened.  I deleted it totally and re-installed 3.310.

I second that find..
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.