Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EagleEye Motion Detector as a Macro Trigger  (Read 4796 times)

bt54

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
EagleEye Motion Detector as a Macro Trigger
« on: April 28, 2011, 07:40:09 PM »

I added an EagleEye Motion Detector to my 2nd Bedroom to trigger the rooms X10 wall switch to turn on a lamp.  The EagleEye and the wall switch are displayed correctly in the rooms modules.  The wall switch operates correctly in manual and when activated by AHP.  I am attempting to write a smart macro and use the EagleEye (E5) as the trigger for the wall switch (B5).  The EagleEye is not listed in the drop down box an available trigger module so I can't use it in this way. 

I know that I'm missing something STUPID SIMPLE - won't be the first time !!!

How can I use the EagleEye as a trigger in a macro???

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:29:39 PM by bt54 »
If it doesn't work get a BIGGER hammer!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: EagleEye Motion Detector as a Macro Trigger
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:31:29 PM »

I added an EagleEye Motion Detector to my 2nd Bedroom to trigger the rooms X10 wall switch to turn on a lamp.  The EagleEye and the wall switch are displayed correctly in the rooms modules.  The wall switch operates correctly in manual and when activated by AHP.  I am attempting to write a smart macro and use the EagleEye (E5) as the trigger for the wall switch (B5).  The EagleEye is not listed in the drop down box an available trigger module so I can't use it in this way. 

I know that I'm missing something STUPID SIMPLE - won't be the first time !!!

How can I use the EagleEye as a trigger in a macro???

The EagleEye simply sends an "On" or "Off" command on the Housecode/Unitcode to which it is programmed. You set that code as your trigger address for your macro. AHP and the CM15A don't see any difference between an EagleEye and a PalmPad remote when it comes to triggering a macro.

bt54

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »

Noam,

Thanks for the response !!!!!!

I tried the scenario you described and the EagleEye did not send enough "on"s unless it was within a few feet of a target to trigger the macro.  I had the EagleEye on my desk as I coded.  It produced plenty of traffic in the monitor and triggered the macro.  When it was put 15 feet away  facing the 2BR doorway it did not trigger the macro.
If it doesn't work get a BIGGER hammer!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 09:28:08 PM »

It is difficult for motion sensor to see motion directly towards or away from the sensor. Try and position more perpendicular to the expected motion.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 10:21:38 PM »

Noam,

Thanks for the response !!!!!!

I tried the scenario you described and the EagleEye did not send enough "on"s unless it was within a few feet of a target to trigger the macro.  I had the EagleEye on my desk as I coded.  It produced plenty of traffic in the monitor and triggered the macro.  When it was put 15 feet away  facing the 2BR doorway it did not trigger the macro.
Was the EagleEye not registering the motion, or not transmitting the signal far enough?
The CM15A has a very small RF reception range (in its unmodified state). There are several antenna mods that can increase the range. The simplest one takes a few minutes, at most, doesn't involve opening up the CM15A, and doesn't void the warranty.
A quick search should find the correct posts.

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 11:06:34 PM »

also, "gluing" an 18" piece of wire to the left vertical side of the eagleeye (looking at the front) will greatly increase the RF range as well as modding the CM15's antenna!  Just search for antenna mods and you will come up with along list, from simple to detailed.  They ALL work wonders!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.