Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Timer question  (Read 4604 times)

jamesjr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Timer question
« on: May 02, 2011, 09:44:47 AM »

What is supposed to show up in the timer line (advanced view) when you use the "dusk delay" timer to start "30 min before dusk"? I cannot seem to get this to work? Any ideas? Does not work for "After" or both for Dawn too....

Thanks

jamesjr

Re: AHP Timer question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »

Any ideas guys?

Have i explained this OK?

I see reference by Noam in his AHA Moment post about "Dusk-1:00"....but when i enter a time in the dusk delay and save i see no mention of it in the timer description line....

Help please......

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 09:40:56 AM »

Any ideas guys?

Have i explained this OK?

I see reference by Noam in his AHA Moment post about "Dusk-1:00"....but when i enter a time in the dusk delay and save i see no mention of it in the timer description line....

Help please......
I just tested this.
For whatever reason (blame the original AHP developers - who are no longer working there), you can't just enter a number in the Dawn/Dusk delay box. You need to use the up/down arrows. So, to enter 1 hour (60 minutes), I put a "6" in front of the "0" that's already there, and then click the "up" arrow. That saves the setting, and I see "Turn ON at Dusk - 01:00" in the timer description line.
For intervales less than 60 minutes (which is the maximum delay), either click "up" then "down," or "down" then "up" to change it, and change it back to the number you want. AHP wants to do the delays in 5-minute blocks, but you can use any number you want if you use this trick (put it in first, let AHP add/subtract 5 minutes, then re-subtract/add the 5 minutes again).

I hope I explained all that well enough. Just because it makes sense in my head, doesn't mean it still makes sense after I type it up.  ;)

jamesjr

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:07:04 PM »

Noam,
    You explained it perfectly, Thanks!!!

Without the experts on this forum many a X10 rookie would have given up from pure disappointment i'm sure!!!

>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.