Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OnAlert/OnAlertMobile to Arm DS7000  (Read 10671 times)

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
OnAlert/OnAlertMobile to Arm DS7000
« on: May 04, 2011, 01:23:55 PM »

I believe that I already know the answer to this question, but I thought I would ask just in case I am wrong.  Is there anyway to Arm the DS7000 through OnAlert or macro in AHP, when one of the DS10a's is open? For example, in the spring or warm weather and you have a window open that has a DS10a associated with that window and Arm the DS7000 it will ding constantly due to that window open unless bypassed.  Well if you have a macro when leaving the house to automatically Arm the DS7000 or use the OnAlert Mobile to remotely activate/Arm the DS7000 the same occurs, is there anyway to bypass remotely (so to speak)?

I hope this makes sense.  :-\

Many Thanks,
Nate
 >!

phongluu

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: OnAlert/OnAlertMobile to Arm DS7000
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »

Let's see...
you asked to see anyway via AHP OnAlert that it can by-pass and Arm the DS7000 if a window Open?
With the current design, I dont see anyway to do that now.

however, I beleive it can be done with some mod: hard-wire to the by-pass button + some logic with the macro.

P.L

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 06:30:11 PM »

I believe that is a function built into the DS7000 and SC1200A. Open zone during an arm attempt requires the operator to manually bypass the open zones.

npampel

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 11:07:53 AM »

Thank you Phongluu and Brian.  I was thinking that was the case, but I hoping differently.  Phongluu, I will look into the mod possibility.  I am guessing though that there would need to be a mod or remote hardwire bypass for each of the 16 zones.  That maybe to difficult or costly to do with that amount of relays.

Oh well, Thank you for the confirmations.

Cheers,
Nate >!

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »

I also sometimes have windows slightly opened for fresh air. I get around this by wiring in parallel a sensor to the opened position. So when I open a window, the magnet on the window matches up with a second sensor closing the circuit. I have the window set at a height that would still require the window to be opened further to gain access. This still allows fresh air in and the alarm can be armed.

npampel

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 11:41:24 AM »

Thanks Iviper.  That is great idea, I think that I was over thinking the issue. ???

I believe I will make a run to the store and pick up a few magnet sensors for parallel wiring.

Many Thanks,
Nate
 >!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.