Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I'm A HS2 user  (Read 34664 times)

Randy B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
I'm A HS2 user
« on: January 22, 2010, 10:01:39 AM »

I was a HS2 user.

My CM11A died so I plunged in and bought the CM15A with ActiveHomePro.  Yes, it came with v3.236.  I tried to get it to work.  I rewrote my HS2 scripts to run in AHP.  I finally gave up and downloaded the CM15A plug-in for HS2.

I'm still a HS2 user.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »

You mean HomeSeer Home Control Software HS2?   How does it work with the CM15A and X10 modules?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Randy B.

I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 03:11:43 PM »

You mean HomeSeer Home Control Software HS2?   How does it work with the CM15A and X10 modules?

Yes.

Aside from the XCam2 WideEye security cameras, everything works fine.  I kept AHP installed just for the cameras.

As far as the X-10 modules go, I have a variety of light switches, lamp modules, chimes, motion sensors, and remotes.  I use an AC-RF2 plug-in for my WGL W800-32 receiver (better range than the CM15A), and I have MS10A's, DS10A's and a PS561 Security Console which work well with it.  The CM15A is merely my link to the powerline.

I had an initial problem with the CM15A plug-in not dimming properly and not sending multi-unit commands, but one request to their support staff had that rectified quickly with a newly written plug-in within a few days.

Apparently, not the same class of support here, at all!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 08:33:13 PM »

I had an initial problem with the CM15A plug-in not dimming properly and not sending multi-unit commands, but one request to their support staff had that rectified quickly with a newly written plug-in within a few days.

Randy,

Do you do any HS scripting? And have you sat in on any of the HS webinars? I have trouble writing VB scripts, they look right but usually don't work. I sat in on last weeks Scripting webinar but fell asleep in 15 minutes...life gets tough when you are an old geezer like me...sigh  :D
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Randy B.

I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 07:14:23 AM »

Randy,

Do you do any HS scripting? And have you sat in on any of the HS webinars? I have trouble writing VB scripts, they look right but usually don't work. I sat in on last weeks Scripting webinar but fell asleep in 15 minutes...life gets tough when you are an old geezer like me...sigh  :D

I'm with you Dave.  I too sat in on the webinar last week and, like you, dozed off in 15 minutes or so.  No, I don't do any scripting.  My son has toyed with it, but then again, he's a VB programmer by trade.

dave w

• Community Organizer
I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 07:36:50 AM »

I think I will look for a "VB for Dummies" book.
Thanks, I don't feel so bad about sleeping through the "lecture" now.  :D

kcantrel

I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 10:38:15 AM »

So you are saying the HomeSeer HS2 will support the CM15A?  Interesting that they don't list it on their HCL (Hardware Compatibility List).  And for $220, I can see why you get better support.  WOW!  I'm not sure what plugins I would need to get it to work with the CM15A, can you confirm that?

Thanks,

Keith

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 02:04:04 PM »

HS I believe has a cm15 plugin.  I was cruising around on their website a while back and found it.  Couldn't tell you where though.  Try their forum, I think I saw them talking about it there and might have had a link to it.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Randy B.

I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »

So you are saying the HomeSeer HS2 will support the CM15A?  Interesting that they don't list it on their HCL (Hardware Compatibility List).  And for $220, I can see why you get better support.  WOW!  I'm not sure what plugins I would need to get it to work with the CM15A, can you confirm that?

Thanks,

Keith

I use HS2 and the CM15A is my connection to the powerline.  HS provides the CM15A plug-in (version 1.0.0.5) for free.  It does not support writing to the CM15A memory or access to the unit's "flags".  The release information on that plug-in reads as follows:

Description:
Plug-in for the X-10 CM15A USB interface from X10 Inc.

The CM15A provides a USB connection to the PC and is a fully two-way X-10 interface for HomeSeer.

Downloading of scheduled X-10 events is NOT supported by the plug-in or HomeSeer.

This plug-in is only compatible with HomeSeer 2.1 or greater.

This plugin only supports the following X10 commands:

• On
  • Off
  • Dim
  • Extended codes
  • Preset Dim commands are NOT supported

This plugin uses the ActiveHome SDK ActiveX Control for all communications. If you have problems getting this plugin installed and working, download and install the free ActiveHome CM15A SDK from X10.com, this may fix any issue you are seeing. Make sure you install the CM15A USB drivers before installing this plugin.

dave w

• Community Organizer
I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 11:53:02 AM »

Randy,

Since you use the CM15A as your Homeseer interface: do you lose the CM15A's ability to transcieve RF to PLC and the transmit RF capabilities?   ???

Randy B.

I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 02:01:07 PM »

Randy,

Since you use the CM15A as your Homeseer interface: do you lose the CM15A's ability to transcieve RF to PLC and the transmit RF capabilities?   ???

As I mentioned earlier, I use a WGL W800-32 receiver and have disabled transceiving all house codes in the CM15A interface.  It's merely my hard-wire link to the powerline.

dave w

• Community Organizer
I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 02:40:07 PM »

As I mentioned earlier, I use a WGL W800-32 receiver and have disabled transceiving all house codes in the CM15A interface.  It's merely my hard-wire link to the powerline.
Yes I remember that, I didn't phrase the question well.

You said above "...and have disabled transceiving all house codes in the CM15A interface". So HS does allow control of the Tranceive function?

Randy B.

I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 03:11:20 PM »

Yes I remember that, I didn't phrase the question well.

You said above "...and have disabled transceiving all house codes in the CM15A interface". So HS does allow control of the Tranceive function?

HS does not allow control of the Transceive function.  The control of the Transceive function was done through AHP.  I still have it installed/running for the purpose of the security cameras.

Randy B.

I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 12:46:58 PM »

. . . and apparently, setting the transceived housecodes to "None" does not disable the RF.  I've disconnected all other RF antennas and the system still sees transmissions from my Palm (and other) Remotes.

Does anyone know a way to disable the RF function of the CM15A?

Randy

dave w

• Community Organizer
I'm A HS2 user
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 03:09:32 PM »

. . . and apparently, setting the transceived housecodes to "None" does not disable the RF.  I've disconnected all other RF antennas and the system still sees transmissions from my Palm (and other) Remotes.

Does anyone know a way to disable the RF function of the CM15A?

Randy
I think I just answered this in another post not realizing our thread here. But no, there is no "software" way of shutting off RF commands from being logged. You could try hacking the CM15A by disconnecting the antenna wire from the receiver board, although it still might pick RF commands from a Palm, etc in close proximity.

So these commands are showing up in the Homeseer log?
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.