Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Extended codes after adding security modules  (Read 2915 times)

axgupta1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Extended codes after adding security modules
« on: May 05, 2011, 10:05:25 PM »

I have CM15 which has been working fine for last 2 years. Recently I purchased the SC1200 security system. I added a couple of DS10 and MS10 modules to AHP. I just saved the file, did not upload anything to CM15. Suddenly, two macros stopped working. I looked in activity monitor and CM15 was sending out extended codes (not sure what an extended code means).

After I deleted the security modules and uploaded the timers and macros, the macros still would not work. Finally I changed the module type to nearest match (lamp module changed to older lamp module without soft start, relay switch module changed to appliance module) saved the file and uploaded timers and macros to CM15 and the macros started working again.

Why would CM15 start generating extended codes for normal x10 modules just because I added security modules?

Thanks...

axgupta1

Re: Extended codes after adding security modules
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 10:13:12 PM »

Please ignore this question. I updated the AHP software to latest version at the same time I added security modules. Reading other threads here I realized what happened. My lamp modules are old type (no soft start) so I did the right thing but did not understand why it fixed the issue. Now I know why the new software sends extended codes.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 10:26:19 PM »

If the relay switches are controlling lights, you can set them as a "Florescent Decorator Switch", in the "Old Lamps" section, so they will respond to an "All Lights On" command.

axgupta1

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 01:01:09 AM »

Actually I had set them as fluorescent decorator switch but it seems that in new version of AHP it does not work. I had to change them to appliance module to make them work.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 09:16:44 PM »

Actually I had set them as fluorescent decorator switch but it seems that in new version of AHP it does not work. I had to change them to appliance module to make them work.
Choose the Florescent Decorator Switch" from the "Old Lamps - No SoftStart" category.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.