Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XX17A camera and wireless  (Read 6481 times)

carmanah

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XX17A camera and wireless
« on: May 03, 2011, 10:15:52 PM »

I have my home set up and working well with a fairly simple CM15A and lamp/appliance modules and decided to add a couple of cameras. As soon as I plug in the AC transformer for the camera, I lose the wireless connection to my computer. Unplug the XX17A transformer and the wireless network is restored. (at this point the VR46a is inactive eg not plugged in). I have had a similar (but not identical) problem with the VR46A in connection with the VK82A sender and am not currently using that setup.

I am using the B code for all units and other than the cameras, they seem to work ok and don't impact the wireless. I'm using an 802n wireless system.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: XX17A camera and wireless
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 11:12:45 PM »

Don't exactly know what your question is or whether your making a statement.  But, all the camera stuff works on 2.4 mhz frequency as does your wireless network.  You can try to change the channel on the the receiver and the cameras and see if that helps.

The channel selection is NOT the house and unit code.  You can change the channel of the cameras by removing the rubber plug in the front of it and move the switch.  On the receiver there is a switch on the bottom of the unit.  Make sure the cameras and the receiver are on the same channel.

You can also probably try to change the channel on your wireless router if your using one.  It might take some playing to get it to work but It can be done on some systems.

Good Luck.    :)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

carmanah

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:10:46 AM »

Thanks. It looks like changing the channel of the camera will solve the problem. I didn't know about the channels on the camera. The channel selector for the receiver is on the top and was preset to A.  There are no channel markings on the camera. I assume the camera would also have been preset to A.

hawk1

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:29:19 AM »

I believe that they are.  Glad you got it working!   :)

Channel A (default) is at the bottom; channel D is at the top.

Here's the link to the knowledge base.   http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_Camera_Picture_on_TV
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:43:18 AM by hawk1 »

carmanah

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 08:39:33 PM »

Thanks. I have a couple of other questions if you don't mind. The camera icon on the bottom left of the Active Home screen has a red circle and I'm not getting any video. I'm assuming the issue is the VA12A Digital Video Converter. I'm trying to get the system up on one of two computers. One is an older PC (running XP Pro) which I suspect has 1.0 USB and I know it needs USB 2. The other computer is a Mac running Windows 7 through Parallels and I'm wondering if there is a known issue with either Windows 7 or Parallels. Perhaps this is a question for a separate topic?? 

Also the x10 kit I received came with a motion detector and TM751 Transceiver. I'm assuming the TM751 is for the motion detector and is not necessary for the video to work. (Incidentally I'm only wanting the video on my computer, not on a TV.)

hawk1

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 09:30:30 PM »

I don't have a va12 just the va11 so again I can't say much in this area.  Maybe ITguy can chime in here or someone else.

The tm751 has nothing to do with video except you might need it if you have the cm19 rf transceiver.  The tm751 receives an rf signal (from cm19, remote, or motion sensor) and puts it on the powerline to turn modules on and off, including your cameras.  If you have the cm15, you really should not use the tm751 as it is not polite.(won't wait for the line to get clear before sending)

Hope I helped out.   :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 06:03:53 AM »

The motion sensor and TM751 may have been in the kit. To control the cameras addressable power supply.
It could be set to send an On at motion detection and control the camera.
Since the CM15A also has an RF receiver in it. It could trigger AHP on motion to start the video recording and camera.
So as hawk1 said. In your case the TM751 should not be needed.

Yes the VA12A needs USB2 and lots of power. It is suggested to run them directly from the USB connector on the computer and not on a hub.
If you are trying it on a hub. Make sure the hub is externally powered and not using the USB connector on the computer for power.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.