Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless Cam microphones  (Read 3709 times)

Piano Tuner

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wireless Cam microphones
« on: May 08, 2011, 04:09:06 PM »

OK, go ahead and slam me for the question but I have read every post, every forum, every filter fix, interference problems, etc.
I have 8 wireless cams, 7 outside, 1 inside. The only one with good audio
is inside which is closest to the audio equipment. So this tells me its not a feedback problem. The others have squeals, whistles etc. with low volume. This is from day one (new cams). I hope someone has a reason and a fix for this because the mics are useless. I want to hear the birds chirping and voices from humans. Notice my name...I appreciate clear sounds.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Wireless Cam microphones
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:58:26 PM »

Have you tried the good camera from one of the other locations?
What is the picture quality like?
You may have to play with the antenna alignments if the good camera sounds bad in one of the other locations.
Although most here are concerned more about the video the same things can affect the sound quality.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Wireless Cam microphones
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »

OK, go ahead and slam me for the question but I have read every post, every forum, every filter fix, interference problems, etc.
I hope someone has a reason and a fix for this because the mics are useless. I want to hear the birds chirping and voices from humans. Notice my name...I appreciate clear sounds.
Well,  "tuner boy", since you have read "every post" then you must have read this one:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22469.0
Yours is not the first complaint. "B25crew" never responded to tell us the outcome of the camera exchange.  There is always [the extreamly rare] possibility that X10 has manufacturing problems. You might IM him to see if the replacement camera fixed the problem. Since B25 never posted any more on that thread it may have fixed his audio problems.

What have you done to troubleshoot?

If me, I would put a square of black tape over the camera mic hole just to determine if it is external sounds getting into the mic, or could be generated along the electrical path. It could also be weak signal problem as Tuicemen pointed out. Find the most problematic camera and move it, or the receiver closer to each other to see if the audio problems lessen.

BTW judging from the tone of your post, you probably are not aware that we are all X10 users...and volunteers.. trying to help you.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.