Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Problems setting up my 6th camera!!!  (Read 11168 times)

Phil45680

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problems setting up my 6th camera!!!
« on: May 09, 2011, 08:37:12 AM »

I have my system set up with 5 wireless cameras now. 3 B/W and 2 Color. 4 of these are on pan an tilt bases. All cameras and controllers are on the same house code and frequency. I want to set up a 6th and possibly more. My problem is when I plug in the 6th camera, it comes on just fine and I see an image and hear the sound. When I switch using the CR13A remote, it goes to the camera I choose (1 through 5) but when I select #6 again, all I get is snow, no picture. I've tried several different outlets and nothing! I know I'm doing something wrong but for the life of me, can't figure out what it is. Any help would be appreciated.
Be Careful! For the toes you step on today may be connected to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Problems setting up my 6th camera!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »

Since cameras default to On when powered up. Your seeing the video would indicate it has a good signal to the receiver.

Does camera 6 turn Off when another one is turned On?

Phil45680

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 08:52:37 AM »

Hi Brian,

Yes, when I switch to another camera, #6 shuts off, just like it should. I just can't turn it back on unless I unplug it and plug it back in again. All seems to be working fine except I can't turn it (#6) back on again.
Be Careful! For the toes you step on today may be connected to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 09:27:36 AM »

Was button 6 on the CR13A added as a camera?
Probably was but I figured I would ask.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/CR13A

Since it went Off and not On. It could be a power line signal being weak.
What module is being used to receive the CR13A and send the commands back on the power lines?
Maybe you could move the transceiver around as a test  and see if it can then control #6. Though one of the others may then be out of control.

Phil45680

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 09:47:56 AM »

Brian,

I have (attempted) added #6 to the CR13A as a camera. When I first found these directions a while back, I thought I had it made then but no luck with that. I am using a TM751 RF Transceiver Module to send the commands. Works fine with cameras 1-5 but can't get the system to recognize #6, no matter what I do.  >*<

I can't figure out why 1-5 work perfectly, just like they are supposed to but #6 (+) won't work. I think I have found "wits end"!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 09:53:39 AM »

As a test only as I don't really like to mess with working stuff.
If you reset one of the working cameras to #6 can you control it?
Long shot but try rotating the house and unit dials on #6s power supply to clean the switches contacts.

Phil45680

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 10:23:02 AM »

Ok Brian ...

I tried changing #3 to #6 with the same results. It came on when plugged back in but couldn't select it again after switching to another camera. I rotated both the house and unit dials but nothing there either. So ... those things are now eliminated. Ready for your next quest! I, at this time, am open to just about any suggestion.

PhilG

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 12:53:44 PM »

If the #3 camera set to 6 didn't go on and off. Then there could be a problem with the remote sending a unit 6 On.
If the original #6 camera was set to 3 and still didn't work. Then I would suspect the #6 camera supply has a problem.

Phil45680

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 01:24:58 PM »

The #6 camera works fine when set to #3, just like it's supposed to. Just like #3 does now. It's just when I try to use a camera number higher than 5 that I begin to have problems. I even tried setting to 7, 8 and 9 and still no luck. I am really stumped!  B:(

I appreciate your help Brian. I am open and will try any suggestions you may have. I have 5 or 6 cameras laying here and would love to get them working and up but until I get past this #6 barrier that I seem to be experiencing, I'm stuck!

Phil45680

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 04:49:56 PM »

Ok, some further analysis ....

I can turn #6 ON with the CR12A remote unit. However, that unit will NOT turn off other cameras so I'm getting a lot of snow/interference in the image. Since the CR12A has "off" and "on" buttons for each unit, I can turn off whichever camera is on THEN turn on #6 and it will work fine. I still can't use my CR13A to switch directly to my #6 camera. This just doesn't make any since at all. Seems the camera is working fine and it's getting the command to turn either "on" or "off" but it just won't get that signal from the CR13A remote.

I don't think this is the PERFECT solution but it can work until we come up with another, better solution. At least I can get more than 5 cameras operating.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 06:18:07 PM »

The HH12A turning the camera On and Off. Shows it is addressed correctly and getting the power line commands.

Did you program the CM13A to do 6 cameras?
By holding the 6 button then sliding the switch to program and then back to normal?
Default is four cameras.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:04:15 PM by Brian H »

Phil45680

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 10:09:02 AM »

Yes, and I can select 1-5 but nothing above 5.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 10:26:26 AM »

You may want to remove the batteries from the CR13A and then wait a few minutes. So it goes back to defaults.
Then try again.
My thoughts are the remote maybe flaky or defective.

Phil45680

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 11:00:34 AM »

Thought the same about the batteries so I changed them. Didn't help although it did reset it back to 4 cameras. Programmed 5 just fine but still no 6 or above.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 12:42:08 PM »

Sounds like a defective CR13A.
Though you may want to see anyone else has a new idea on the situation.

Do you have any controller like a CM15A with AHP that could actually see what is being sent by the CR13A when 6 and above is pushed.

As a test. Have you tried to add maybe 9 cameras? So you are using the top part of the second row of buttons.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:57:20 PM by Brian H »
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.