Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VA12A Drivers won't install on Windows 2003 - Vanguard s/w won't run  (Read 8230 times)

entirelynutz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I am trying to install Vanguard on Windows 2003. Everytime I install it it tells me that there are no video adapters installed when I run the program. I've installed it with "run as" administrator. I've downloaded and tried to install the drivers separately. The VA12A shows up in device manager without a driver. Any suggestions would help. I've spent hours trying to get this working. The drivers for the cm15a install without any issues.

dd377

Re: VA12A Drivers won't install on Windows 2003 - Vanguard s/w won't run
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:54:14 AM »

This worked for me....

Title: Re: Another member of the "Rundll32 has stopped" club!!!
 Post by: lodtrack on April 12, 2011, 03:13:01 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Havesome:
I suspect all the errors you are getting revolve around the Va12a not installing properly. All the symptoms you are describing happened to me when I tried to use a 3rd party USB device. Although it had partial functionality in AHP, it caused the issues described in Vanguard. When I got the Va12a later , I installed it by going to device manager and deleted the old USB converter. I installed the new device by manually adding it and directing it to the driver in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA12A Video Capture\win7x64. There are several OS versions there to choose from. All worked ok after that. You've been at it a while, hope this helps.

jdavis

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 10:18:57 AM »

ok  what package do I need to load to get the win7x64   drivers.  I have loaded them all and I still don't see that dirver folder in my folder

asinblue

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:57:12 PM »

its not the drivers or the VA12a or any of the video capture devices, the vanguard software just plain sucks.

I have gotten the Va11a to work in Win7, had to modify an inf file. check my other post for details. From reading other posts, it seems like any video capture device will work,

The previous content of this post violated the posted X10 General Forum User Etiquette Policy and has been removed.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:25:50 PM by Knightrider »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.