Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActivePhone and ActivePhone Pro misbehaving  (Read 13708 times)

tomh

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
ActivePhone and ActivePhone Pro misbehaving
« on: May 10, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »

Well, I did have both working for a few days and now they don't.  I recently had to re-enter all my rooms, modules, and macros due to corruption.  I have reinstalled ActivePhone and ActivePhone Pro in the same manner as I did prior to the reinstallation of AHP.  If I invite a cellphone for ActivePhone from under the Tools menu I do get the email and I select the WiFi link.  When I choose that link my next screen is the 500 error-XServer:  Invalid parameters.  ActivePhone Pro does pretty much the same (this one is 500 error-Server not found) (except I use the invite a cellphone from the app itself).  What is the magic here?

tomh

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: ActivePhone and ActivePhone Pro misbehaving
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 10:16:55 AM »

Hi Tom,

Which version of Active Home Pro are you using?  I know that X10 had some fixes for the "500 error" in their latest updates.

Cheers,
Nate

tomh

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:06:36 PM »

Using 3.313 on Win XP.  I called X10 last night about this time and the agent sent an email to the higher level tech (ericb in this case).  He sent me an email that said clear my cache and restart my iPhone 4.  Did that twice and no luck.  Sent an email back last night saying no go.  He mentioned that this was the fix the programmers had worked out.

tomh

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:06:08 PM »

hmm.  That is interesting.

When you did the reinstall of AHP, did you uninstall all ActiveHome applications from Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs? and reboot PC, then reinstall?

It seems that there may still be some type of corruption and certain possible corrupt files still remain.

I just tried and verified with my setup and did not have any 500 error issues and I have it the past with older AHP versions.

Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Nate

tomh

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 01:58:18 PM »

Yes, I reinstalled last weekend.  I had all sorts of interesting things happening and reinstalled everything (a royal pain).  I uninstalled per the X10 instructions.  Once I reinstalled, the registration screen now comes up with the need to place the registration number in for ActivePhone, not ActiveHome Pro.  That I figured since it is entered in the AHP area.  I though if I had uninstalled it would go all the way back to AHP part.  I even searched a few other folders to make sure nothing was left over.  So, what else would I remove to wipe out the ActivePhone aspect?  The Wiki instructions don't really cover that narrow aspect.

Thanks,

Tom

johnlaw45

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 07:55:32 PM »

Using 3.313 on Win XP.  I called X10 last night about this time and the agent sent an email to the higher level tech (ericb in this case).  He sent me an email that said clear my cache and restart my iPhone 4.  Did that twice and no luck.  Sent an email back last night saying no go.  He mentioned that this was the fix the programmers had worked out.

tomh

I bought both Activephone & Activephone Pro, neither worked. When I contacted tech support, I got the same run-around from him. It was a complete WASTE OF MONEY! X-10 used to have great products but have gone down hill in the last 5 years.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.