Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Virtual Rain Sensor  (Read 65023 times)

reskin

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Virtual Rain Sensor
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 10:49:09 AM »

No, at present, because I have 4 zones I would still need the RainBird timer to switch between the individual zones.  One universal module would not switch between my 4 zones and activate my pump start relay.  The universal module would just connect to the rain sensor connections on the timer to cut the power if rain is sensed.  My RainBird timer has the 24VAC transformer for the valves.  And yes, using the current rain sensor as a backup, it would be connected in series.  I do understand the logic of how this is all going to work.

It is probably my fault for naming it as such... this is really more of a complete X10 irrigation solution.  The timer is just as flawed as the traditional rain sensor... the timer will run the same duration each time.  Our computations run each zone based on the amount of deficit rainfall and the efficiency of the sprinklers on that zone.  I recommend registering for an account and playing with the interface - it should be more apparent that this is more powerful than what the name suggests.  It is like Rain8 but web-based interface (instead of Windows Forms based) and it uses a nearby weather station instead of a puny rain sensor.

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 11:03:35 PM »

I'll take a look at it.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

glacier991

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 11:27:44 PM »

Downloaded and signed up....shuld be fun to play with and add to my HA system.

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 06:25:44 PM »

reskin,

are you getting any of my emails I have been trying to contact you for over a month with no response The event manager is telling me that it can't connect on your end any ideas

Thanks KenRad

kenrad

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 08:05:53 PM »

reskin,

whats the deal did you abandon the project on what I have attempted to contact you many times about the setup and trying to get it completed with no reply so whats going on.   :-\ kenrad

reskin

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 10:51:34 AM »

reskin,

whats the deal did you abandon the project on what I have attempted to contact you many times about the setup and trying to get it completed with no reply so whats going on.   :-\ kenrad

Sorry man, this thread completely dropped off my radar! 

We are all ramped up for a new season of savings.  I would try to download the latest version of the service application:

http://www.virtualrainsensor.com/Download.aspx

We teamed up with Weather Underground to provide the data (legitimately this time  :-*) and have a number of bugfixes and enhancements including sunlight percentage modulation per zone, rainfall deficit tracking (so if we see the forecast is 1 inch and we don't get the inch we expected we will make up for that inch in the next run).

reskin

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 10:52:53 AM »

reskin,

are you getting any of my emails I have been trying to contact you for over a month with no response The event manager is telling me that it can't connect on your end any ideas

Thanks KenRad

You are clicking the 'email' button on this forum?  Or PM?  I don't see anything and I stopped getting notice of responses on this thread!  I will check my settings but you can always create a ticket and track the status at http://virtualrainsensor.fogbugz.com

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 02:44:35 PM »

So how do we use it?
Any setup instructions anywhere?
I installed it, the service is running, I have created an account on you website, I have created appliance modules in AHP, so now what?
How do we test it?
Just went to my account to try and edit an existing zone, and it did not open that zone, but created a new one.
How do we edit an existing zone?
Part of developing an application is the help and usage information... where is it?
Very little information...... not too good.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:47:10 PM by pomonabill221 »

kenrad

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 07:01:18 PM »

reskin,

Sorry man, this thread completely dropped off my radar! 

We are all ramped up for a new season of savings.  I would try to download the latest version of the service application:

http://www.virtualrainsensor.com/Download.aspx

We teamed up with Weather Underground to provide the data (legitimately this time  :-*) and have a number of bugfixes and enhancements including sunlight percentage modulation per zone, rainfall deficit tracking (so if we see the forecast is 1 inch and we don't get the inch we expected we will make up for that inch in the next run).

Reskin, I tried the new installer and I get a 1001 error every time it will not let me install any ideas.  I would really like to see this service work it would really help with my watering situation 

Thansk Kenrad

reskin

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 11:10:15 PM »

Reskin, I tried the new installer and I get a 1001 error every time it will not let me install any ideas.  I would really like to see this service work it would really help with my watering situation 

Thansk Kenrad

Can you please download it again now?  The service itself hasn't changed but the installation package around it uses the ClickOnce security stuff now with a certificate signing, etc.

reskin

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 11:13:24 PM »

So how do we use it?
Any setup instructions anywhere?
I installed it, the service is running, I have created an account on you website, I have created appliance modules in AHP, so now what?
How do we test it?
Just went to my account to try and edit an existing zone, and it did not open that zone, but created a new one.
How do we edit an existing zone?
Part of developing an application is the help and usage information... where is it?
Very little information...... not too good.

Did you try clicking the little "gear" icon next to the zone in question?  It should bring up a form similar to that when you add a new zone but with the existing information prepopulated. 

I have started -some- documentation on the wiki but I realize it is lacking.  I can concentrate my efforts on that for a while (one-man show here) if we can get kenrad up and running  ???

https://virtualrainsensor.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W7

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »

Yes I clicked on the gear icon and the form came up blank with A1 as the module address.

reskin

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 09:55:43 AM »

Yes I clicked on the gear icon and the form came up blank with A1 as the module address.

I just fixed this for IE8 and know it works in Chrome 18... which browser and version are you using?

kenrad

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 11:31:01 AM »

I just fixed this for IE8 and know it works in Chrome 18... which browser and version are you using?

I am using mozilla firefox but I also have IE on my pc,  I can see my account online but it wont let me install the service

>! Ken

reskin

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 12:02:42 PM »

I am using mozilla firefox but I also have IE on my pc,  I can see my account online but it wont let me install the service

>! Ken

Just pushed a fix out for FireFox for the zone editing.  For those of you who do javascript coding apparently IE and FF don't see eye to eye on this textContent vs. innerText property, Chrome doesn't care either way.  http://geekswithblogs.net/TimH/archive/2006/01/19/66383.aspx

Did you download again since the post from yesterday kenrad?  I changed the permissions wrapper so that you may not get the 1001 error.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.