Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X.10 Active Home Pro won't turn on lights  (Read 4721 times)

MimiCT

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X.10 Active Home Pro won't turn on lights
« on: May 17, 2011, 06:37:39 PM »

B:(  Help.. I'm not sure what happened.  I set up the timers, checked them by manually turning them on and off via the X-10 on my computer.  I waited for the lights to turn on when it was time... nothing. 

It seems they're getting a signal since they turn on when I sit at the computer and do it.

Help?  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! >*<

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: X.10 Active Home Pro won't turn on lights
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 06:50:21 PM »

are the modules properly defines by model number AND whether they are soft-start or not?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

MimiCT

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:09:23 PM »

Please tell me what soft start is? 

I will double check and make sure the correct (same) modules are plugged and set on the computer as well.  I have some reallllllllllllllly old ones and some new ones.

I know it's me.. they've worked before.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 07:43:43 PM »

Please tell me what soft start is? 
SoftStart and Resume Dim are features in Lamp Modules and Wall Switches made in the last two or three years.

If you tap the wall switch the light takes a second or two to go from full off to bright. Same when you tap off, it takes a couple of seconds to dim down to off.

Resume Dim is; when turned on, the light will come on to same brightness level it was when turned off the last time.

In contast the older design would turn on and off instantly and would always come at 100%
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

MimiCT

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 07:57:04 PM »

Thank you.  Understand.

I've checked the various modules and I see some are X10, but from Radio Shack with no module number on them.  :-/.  I really need to do some updating.

I assigned the proper modules to the lamps (at leas the modules I can identify), we'll see what happens.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 08:40:06 PM »

Thank you.  Understand.

I've checked the various modules and I see some are X10, but from Radio Shack with no module number on them.  :-/.  I really need to do some updating.

I assigned the proper modules to the lamps (at leas the modules I can identify), we'll see what happens.

Any module from Radio Shack, Motorola or any name except X10 are all "Older Lamps (no SoftStart)" in AHP  If a module from X10 is older than 3 or 4 years it is "old style". Any ones you are not sure of, turn them on manually, if the light "ramps up slowly (3 or 4 seconds) it it SoftStart, if it turns on right away, it's old style.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

evadorev

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »

I assume that tour lights work perfectly when you activate them manually
If you hit F2 on AHP, the event log appear. Check on the list if you have the mention extended code at the time the timers want to turn on your lights especially the older modules

If so try to change your module definition for more basic one like LM465 (regardless , if it`s a switch or a lamp module).

A few tries maybe necessary

For strange reasons, older modules don`t understand extended codes.

Hope it will help

Evadorev
Mary had a little lamp, little lamp, controlled by X10 !!!! (kid song!!)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 06:22:01 PM »

...For strange reasons, older modules don`t understand extended codes...
Why is it strange? As far as I understand it, the Extended Codes were not part of the original protocol that was used with the early modules back in the 1970's. It was a function that was added later on, when they developed some of the two-way modules.
Those early modules also didn't have soft-start, resume-dim, or scene capabilities, which is what the Extended Codes are used for.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.